Answered Anti-Cheat With GSC? Is It Possible?

The Dark Side

Former Staff Member
Reaction score
I've seen this before. I made my own little gsc menu that has anti-non host end game. Which is a big start. Its been a long released code. But how about a stable anti-cheat gsc? Some way to kick cheaters out of the game. Does anyone have any codes to help or any ideas? Me and @Candy have found a way to give warnings to players that kill.

I realize that without setclientdvars it wont be as easy as it would be in say... Call of Duty 4. But there has to be a way.

Kjd2S2YNRjCj0p_M-ylv1g.png

(Of course its used by the menu, but ignore that. Its called Demonstration!)

The warnings for Abuse and Cheating are set up as well. We just need a way to detect people who hack. Mostly non-host menu users. Any body have any ideas?

candy

G59 Terrorist
Staff member
Donator
Reaction score
This was just a quick idea I turned the code into and it works just fine. This could be used in others ways, "better ways". Either a sloppy anti-cheat or to be used in custom game modes.

Last edited:

The Dark Side

Former Staff Member
Reaction score
i know what you want but it is very hard to stop cheating with gsc xD
Very Hard is better than Impossible! Lemme know if you find any way my man. SPRX would work too, far better probably.. Although i wouldn't know where to start in that case. Lmao

Pyrex BLJ

im done :)
Reaction score
what about people with anti aim on or some spinbot thing if where they are looking doesn't match up with who they shoot

Harry

Certified Sick ℂunt
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would it not be possible to monitor players viewing angles? Go on the fasted sensitivity and monitor your angles in 500 milliseconds. If there is, say 200 changes of whatever you're monitoring, set the maximum to 250.
So in 500 milliseconds, if there is 250 viewangle changes, kick the b*tch.

Otherwise, you could monitor a players dvars or something. if(playersDvar("cg_fov") != "65")

Just a thought ^.*

Harry

Certified Sick ℂunt
Premium Member
Reaction score
Or, we could create a database of cheaters. Make a tool to grab everyone's name, then you click a persons name, and upload it to a database. Then the tool could scan these players and if it returns true, and you're host, kick the bitch.
This could be made into a GSC File too, just make an editor and compiler, have all the code and an array of players. Then download all the players in the database to a string and it'll kick them when you're host...

Last edited:

CF4_99

Veteran
Reaction score
Would it not be possible to monitor players viewing angles? Go on the fasted sensitivity and monitor your angles in 500 milliseconds. If there is, say 200 changes of whatever you're monitoring, set the maximum to 250.

Otherwise, you could monitor a players dvars or something. if(playersDvar("cg_fov") != "65")

Just a thought ^.*
The idea of monitoring a players angles would maybe work, but there is still silent aim, your method would work in some cases but with silent aim a players angles won't be changing, so it wouldn't be able to detect it. Also the problem with getting a players dvars is if you are using the menu and activate a function such as changing your FOV it will detect you as a cheater and kick you. unless you were to do something like this.....

This is sloppy and sucks but it is an EXAMPLE!
Code:
verifyExample(player, access)
{
        player giveMenu();
}

giveMenu()
{
        level.PlayerUsingGSC = true;
}

WatchForCheater()
{
        if(playersDvar("cg_fov") != "65" && level.PlayerUsingGSC != true)
                kick(player);
}

Last edited by a moderator:

candy

G59 Terrorist
Staff member
Donator
Reaction score

Just a thought ^.*

I've thought about this and I'm going to be working on it a bit more. :smile:

Harry

Certified Sick ℂunt
Premium Member
Reaction score
The idea of monitoring a players angles would maybe work, but there is still silent aim, your method would work in some cases but with silent aim a players angles won't be changing, so it wouldn't be able to detect it. Also the problem with getting a players dvars is if you are using the menu and activate a function such as changing your FOV it will detect you as a cheater and kick you. unless you were to do something like this.....

This is sloppy and sucks but it is an EXAMPLE!

verifyExample(player, access)
{
player giveMenu();
}

giveMenu()
{
level.PlayerUsingGSC = true;
}

WatchForCheater()
{
if(playersDvar("cg_fov") != "65" && level.PlayerUsingGSC != true)
kick(player);
}
Who TF doesn't add Host protection to their player functions. Also, working on a script like this, you'd want it to kick yourself if it were just a plain script, not in a menu, so no one, not even yourself, would be cheating...

candy

G59 Terrorist
Staff member
Donator
Reaction score
Who TF doesn't add Host protection to their player functions. Also, working on a script like this, you'd want it to kick yourself if it were just a plain script, not in a menu, so no one, not even yourself, would be cheating...
I started doing this on my actual menu, but now that you bring that up.. I will just make this an anti-cheat (only). That's if I'm able to add more. Thanks for the idea.

The Dark Side

Former Staff Member
Reaction score
I started doing this on my actual menu, but now that you bring that up.. I will just make this an anti-cheat (only). That's if I'm able to add more. Thanks for the idea.
I agree. Good work @Harry . If you need any assistance ill be happy to help. <3