Answered Can't Find Lobbies (PS3 VPN)

HuskyMods

Reaction score
So I recently got an Ethernet chord and bridged my connection to get a vpn etc etc, after about 10 minutes of troubleshooting I was excited to get online, except now I can't find lobbies. I'm using Cyberghost VPN (I can't afford a subscription for a paid one at the moment) and was wondering if there's anything I can do to fix it. I've tried bo2, which I only find modded lobbies which isn't what I want, and mw3/gta5 both of which I just can't find a lobby in general.

Using Rebug 4.82 DEX if that matters

DF_AUS

Staff member
Head Staff Team
Donator
Reaction score
Thread moved:

I also had the same issue with bridging/VPN for BO2, this is due to your NAT type no longer being open but either being Moderate or Strict, sadly there is no fix for this.
I have heard rumors of some people using VPNs that allow Open NAT types, but i am yet to see this for myself.

HuskyMods

Reaction score
Thread moved:

I also had the same issue with bridging/VPN for BO2, this is due to your NAT type no longer being open but either being Moderate or Strict, sadly there is no fix for this.
I have heard rumors of some people using VPNs that allow Open NAT types, but i am yet to see this for myself.

I have type 2 NAT with or without the vpn though, is it really just that? Lol

DF_AUS

Staff member
Head Staff Team
Donator
Reaction score
I have type 2 NAT with or without the vpn though, is it really just that? Lol
What is your NAT type on BO2 without the VPN enabled?
Well i would say yes, that is still the reason, majority of people on my friends list was unable to join my private lobbies when i would use the VPN.

HuskyMods

Reaction score
What is your NAT type on BO2 without the VPN enabled?
Well i would say yes, that is still the reason, majority of people on my friends list was unable to join my private lobbies when i would use the VPN.
It's still moderate without the VPN, I typically can join/have people join without a problem though.. Oh well, thanks for the feedback:smile:

Harry

Certified Sick ℂunt
Premium Member
Reaction score
Problem - Unable to find lobbies or finds high ping rates in lobbies whilst using our VPN

Reason - Usually this is because of two things. 1 - Server users is high, the more users means the more time is takes for a pong (response from a ping) to reach you. Try playing in off peak times or upgrade your plan to a dedicated Gaming Plan. 2 - Server location. You have chosen a server location far from you. We recommend a max server location distance equivalent of a 2 hour plane flight. If you can fly to the city the server is in in under 2 hours, use it. If not, Gaming may not be a first priority for you due to high ping and pong rates.

Solution - Invest in a server near your location or upgrade to a dedicated Gaming VPN

(Solution off SynfulVPN)