Question GSC mod loading

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Scripts Questions' started by DropppITModz, Aug 26, 2018.

1. DropppITModz

DropppITModz Member

Credits:
    ok so i am wanting to see if it is possible to use my GSC menu to load other gsc mod menus, if so it is possible, i would very much greatly want to know how i can do this and what to do.

2. candy

candy G59 Terrorist Donator

Credits:
    If you have a working source of the other menu, then yes.
    But you'd be better off just remaking the design / options, since you'll eventually run into errors.

The Dark Side likes this.
  3. DropppITModz

DropppITModz Member

Credits:
    well im wanting to add a menu loader into my current menu im working on but i dont know how i would do this for gsc and ingame, kinda like Cod4 mod loading i guess, (even though i dont really know how that works soo..)

4. vampytwist

vampytwist "Don't you trust me?" Staff Member

Credits:
    Are you after something like this??

5. DropppITModz

DropppITModz Member

Credits:
    yes exactly like that.

6. The Dark Side

The Dark Side Former Staff Member

Credits:
    Please login or register to view links or downloads!

This is an advanced example of different menu bases utilizing the same menu. Perhaps looking at this source here might help you with what you want to do. :y::y:

DF_AUS likes this.
  7. DropppITModz

DropppITModz Member

Credits:
    oh my, this is hella clever, but i was talking about actually loading menus with a gsc menu, but i will indeed make use of this...

8. vampytwist

Credits:
    Here, this is how I did it for loading patches..

Start off with sharks menu base (use it to change to other patches/game modes)

features:
    - Fallens Surge menu base
    - Tiny Menu base
    - Your designs waw menu base
    - when you're not in sharks patch go prone knife and aim to change back to sharks patch/default

Attached Files:

9. DropppITModz

DropppITModz Member

Credits:
    im going to be fiddling around with this for a while xD this is pretty much exactly what i was looking for ill see what i can do, i want to figure out how to put menus to load in my main menu so this is great start.

10. DropppITModz

DropppITModz Member

Credits:
    but what i want to know how exactly did these menus get loaded and what is calling for what

11. DropppITModz

DropppITModz Member

Credits:
    oh **** i think i got it

12. DropppITModz

DropppITModz Member

Credits:
    yea nope i have no clue what im doing what so ever. i will never be able to get this to work alone

13. vampytwist

Credits:
    I'll try make this as easy to understand as possible:

On game load, it checks the dvar "gametypez" if the dvar equals to any of the names defined in init() then it will load that patch/init instead of the default one which is sharks..

StartGameMode() is the function used to set the gametype/patch, see sharks.gsc on how it's used in a menu.

14. vampytwist

Credits:
    Create new script file in gsc studio, add the menu or patch/game mode to that new gsc file. Rename init, onplayerconnect and onplayerspawned.

Main.gsc -- On init()

Code:
    if (GetDvar("gametypez") == "enter patch name here") level thread init_name_of_patch();

then call the function :
    Code:
    StartGameMode("enter patch name here");
    menu example
    self add_option("SubMenu1", "enter patch name here", ::StartGameMode, "enter patch name here");

15. vampytwist

Credits:
    Also you need to consider function names, some patches share a lot of the same names like submenu(), initmenu(), etc. etc. so you may have to do quite a bit of renaming/editing in order to get things to work smoothly I myself have ran into some issues to this when testing out different menus and patches.

16. candy

Credits:
    You need to learn the language before jumping into this stuff.
    Copy and pasting is going to get you nowhere.

17. DropppITModz

DropppITModz Member

Credits:
    i dont know how you did it. i literally cannot get it to work. its impossible.

18. candy

Credits:
    It's not impossible. Sit down before rushing into things and take the time to learn the language.

19. DropppITModz

DropppITModz Member

Credits:
    im doing this to help me learn. this is me trying to help my self learn by experimenting around with it. but it just wont work.

20. DropppITModz

DropppITModz Member

Credits:
    all im trying to know is how can i load my menu with a different menu. but i almost got it to work but it keeps giving me unkown errors and when it does work, it crashes my ps3 almost instantly when i go into the game.