Question Internal script stack overflow

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Scripts Questions' started by Tyne, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Tyne

Tyne New Member

Credits:
    Making a Zombies menu for BO2, every time I attempt to enter a submenu, the game crashes, giving me a "Internal script stack overflow."

Not sure what the root of the problem is and I've tried multiple solutions.

Attached Files:

2. Cxwh

Cxwh Known Member

Credits:
    Give me a sec I‘m on it king :grinning:

3. Tyne

Tyne New Member

Credits:
    Thanks

4. ReleaseTheMong

ReleaseTheMong Known Member

Credits:
    Most likely the issue lies in one of your many loops.
    Internal script stack overflow occurs when the game is trying to add a new variable to the script stack, so if you are calling a function over and over within its self or you are running a loop that adds new script variables infinitely.

If your menu opens fine and the only issue is submenus, i would be willing to bet that the issue is in this line :
    self thread [[self.Menu.Func[self.Menu.Current][self.cursor]]](self.Menu.Input[self.Menu.Current][self.cursor]);

Also heads up, you shouldnt name your give weapon function 'giveweapon', since it is the same as the built in function.

Other than that, the script looks fine. I would just trace it step by step and try to figure out if something is undefined.

5. Tyne

Tyne New Member

Credits:
    I'll be sure to look through the loops. I'm new to GSC scripting but I have few experience in code.

I was looking at a menu a friend of mine made and that line seemed to work just fine in his code. I tried the same thing, making sure the variables were renamed appropriately with the names I had, but that wasn't working.