Discussion Is modding / cheating dead?

swoon

Entrepreneur
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi there. I recently have been thinking about this topic. There will be a lot of mixed opinions. Keep in mind this is MY opinion and how I see it. I'm curious to hear yours.

Recently I've noticed that older games are dying and the anti cheats are quicker. More menus are being released with the same functions, same looks, and are for the same games. Newer consoles are harder to cheat on, newer games are harder to cheat on. Example being Fortnite, Black Ops 4 once it comes out. Since there wont be VAC on PC. XBOX one cant be modded and PS4 can barely be modded.

VAC is designed to profit. Not prevent cheats. Of course a multi billion dollar company can detect a paste no problem. They make more money getting a mass amount of cheaters and banning them all at once. Therefore they have to rebuy the game. For example CSGO (which are VAC waves) and the CSGO community has dropped over the last year.

Next to point out, most GSC menus are basically the same. (I'm prepared to get bashed on this), however most people use the same menu bases and contain the same functions. How can we expand? Has GSC been growing? Or decreasing in growth? I remember the days when GSC was huge on BO2. Now they've been replaced with SPRX. Why is this? Is it that more people are looking for actual cheats like aimbot? Or are the games dying off?

I've noticed many forums are dying as well. This community use to be a decent community once everyone was pitching in. I've realized over the course its been growing in numbers, however is it growing in active users? Is it growing in developers? How can we make something different since I feel that everything is just a different form of release. I feel as if we should only release things that are better or are new. Not a replica or something worse. Game Deception was a huge forum with many good coders and sources all willing to improve. Lots to learn from that site. As of here I feel like it's a human who has a virus. I feel as us of the people are letting this community die. Releasing the same menus over again. Not giving the developers credit, not willing to try something different.

I'm curious on hearing your opinions, and to see what you agree with and disagree with. Thank you again for reading.

Carebear

Veteran
Reaction score
I think the fact that the new consoles are much more harder to exploit so its decreasing the population of cheating. Since cheating is becoming a lot more difficult, only the most experienced in coding are able todo it and most charge extreme amounts for others. (Im all in for making money off it as i did with the Xbox scene) its just impossible for a noob to get anywhere. As well most big cheats for games that exploit multiplayer are being sued and fined and no one can fight against it.

tristan5949

Reaction score
Modding will never die on the pc but as for xbox only a matter of time. Ps4 you can jail brake but risk of being console banned is a very high chance.
I mainly just mod on the pc. Also one weird thing I have been modding over a year on my rgh and still have not been banned and im not using kvs or stealth.

Carebear

Veteran
Reaction score
Well technically you are on a KV, you cant play without a KV online simple as that its what decides if your console is banned or not.

Iwau

Veteran
Reaction score
tbh your right about people using the same menu bases. Are you saying we should make something unique and special like
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Carebear

Veteran
Reaction score
I think we as coders/people need to inspire ppl to want to do gsc or modding in general. It has toned down a lot due to the things ive mentioned before. Me, Candy & Vampy are currently/planning todo a Tool that allows you to create a gsc mod menu for all consoles on all cods (for the exception of Xbox One) With complete customization and even tutorials for the new people to get things going. Any ideas would be appreciated. Yes it could turn out to be pointless but might aswell try :smile:

Iwau

Veteran
Reaction score
I think we as coders/people need to inspire ppl to want to do gsc or modding in general. It has toned down a lot due to the things ive mentioned before. Me, Candy & Vampy are currently/planning todo a Tool that allows you to create a gsc mod menu for all consoles on all cods (for the exception of Xbox One) With complete customization and even tutorials for the new people to get things going. Any ideas would be appreciated. Yes it could turn out to be pointless but might aswell try :smile:
Didn't Smokey
make that already?

Carebear

Veteran
Reaction score
Yes but its only for a couple games and xbox. We plan todo alot more and his tool is like basically provided everything to the user as we want to help expand the community and teach it aswell. Hope that makes sense.

Syndicate

Modder
Reaction score
I think the fact that the new consoles are much more harder to exploit so its decreasing the population of cheating. Since cheating is becoming a lot more difficult, only the most experienced in coding are able todo it and most charge extreme amounts for others. (Im all in for making money off it as i did with the Xbox scene) its just impossible for a noob to get anywhere. As well most big cheats for games that exploit multiplayer are being sued and fined and no one can fight against it.
They deserve to be sued/fined if they charging for mods

GeraldMoore

Reaction score
I thought recently, it's a shame you can't play poker in GTA 5 like in RDR2. I'd like to see some quality poker mods in GTA 5. In general, very much into gambling lately, and I read a lot on
. I want to develop more in this subject.

Last edited: