1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Answered No More Copy & Pasting Mod Menus

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Answered Questions' started by Supreme Host, Feb 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Supreme Host

Supreme Host Member

Credits:
    I Really Want To Learn More About Gsc And Not Copy And Paste Anymore I Want To Be Able To Make My Own Codes But Everything I Look At There All Telling Me The Same Thing I Just Dont Understand Where you Get The Codes For Example The a Care Package. Basically I Just Want To Go From Copy And Pasting To Making My Own Codes.

Thanks In Advanced :smile:

The Dark Side likes this.
  2. TripzyLuna

TripzyLuna New Member

Credits:
    For in-game script functions such as care packages etc you need to research the gsc dumps, you can find them anywhere with a quick search of 'Black Ops 2 gsc dump'; you will see all of the game files that are already decompiled for education purposes!

Maybe someone can help you from the site to find them, I'm not too sure what I can post etc.

3. Supreme Host

Supreme Host Member

Credits:

But How Do I Know That It Is Carepackage Like It Doesnt Have The Code And Then = Care package So How Do I Know ??

4. DF_AUS

DF_AUS Head Moderator Staff Member Head Staff Team Donator

Credits:
    Look for the model names, so the model name for the standard care package is " t6_wpn_supply_drop_ally ".

As for wanting to learn yourself, that is a good move :y: but i would say no one is going to teach you the language, best advise is to start small yourself, look at other menu sources that have been publicly released by the developer ( not decompiled sources), start with spawning models, toggles, hud editing and so forth, build up a general knowledge of how simple elements work, then eventually set goals for yourself to improve your capabilities.

By all means, if you encounter issues feel free to post a help thread, but no one is going to teach you everything with understanding the language.

Starh likes this.
  5. Starh

Starh #include stdafx.h Staff Member Premium Member

Credits:
    If I may personally recommend, I'd start learning C# rather than GSC. With C# you can do more and apply it to life skills. Plus it's easy to decompile, and there are loads of open sources out there for you to start learning on. Plus it's more applicable and you can learn more coding languages from that. I'm glad you chose to learn for yourself rather than C+Ping, but I'd recommend you learn a language that's actually useful, and can get you somewhere in life while you can still mod games with it. No one is gonna teach you the language step by step, however, there's plenty of online resources that you can use, such as ebooks, forums, and loads of videos. Something you should look into! Anyways, best of luck.

Harry, UnsignedGlitch and DF_AUS like this.
  6. UnsignedGlitch

UnsignedGlitch #C? Premium Member Donator

Credits:
    Well said Starh!

Harry likes this.
  7. Supreme Host

Supreme Host Member

Credits:
    Thanks Man Yeah I Have Already Started Learning C++ But I Really Like Modding Games Like Bo2 But There Is No Way For Me To Improve As Of Now I Am Still Looking But I Know That c++ And Gsc Are Close Enough To Each Other So Hopefully I Can Learn A Bit Thanks Man

8. Candy

Candy G59 Terrorist Donator

Credits:
    I would take into count what DF_AUS said if you're wanting to improve.

Take some sources, look at the functions and break them down to try and understand how they work.
    Or maybe have a look through this Black Ops II scripts and answered script questions.

DF_AUS likes this.
  9. Starh

Credits:
    Everyone wants to start with c++, even though its one of the hardest languages since there's so much to know. If start with C#, there's a good reason why a lot of people code in C# that's because it's easy and it's a good beginners language.

10. Supreme Host

Supreme Host Member

Credits:
    Ok Thanks Man I Might Take A Break From C++ And Try C# And I Dont Find C++ That Hard But Honestly Thinking About It Now Its Not Really That Use Full Either But With C# You Can Program And Stuff I Wanted C++ So I Could Make Sprx But I Think Im Gonna Just Kinda Practice My GSC Alot And Kinda Leave PS3 Modding For A While And Work On My Coding

Sorry About The Paragraph Thanks If You Accually Read It hahah

11. Supreme Host

Supreme Host Member

Credits:
    How Do You Know What All The Stuff In The Dump Does Or How To Use It ??

12. Candy

Credits:
    I'm talking about other menus, not a gsc dump. The codes aren't ancient hieroglyphics, you SHOULD be able to read it and acknowledge what they do.

The Dark Side and UnsignedGlitch like this.
  13. Starh

Credits:
    Eh? Are you joking right? C++ is one of the most useful languages. The reason why I stated starting with C# is that it's easy to learn and can get you places. C++ is a huge language for software developers as well, and companies look for C++ developers. You're better off starting to make an RTM, than an SPRX, because quite frankly SPRX's are a lot of work due to menu drawings, ESP drawings, no spread, and autowall. If you're not an all advance coder, which obviously you aren't, I'd start with RTM's and move on from there.

UnsignedGlitch likes this.
  14. Supreme Host

Supreme Host Member

Credits:
    Ok Thanks For The Information Im Going To Stop With C++ And Do C# For A While :smile:

UnsignedGlitch likes this.
  15. Candy

Credits:
    lol

16. The Dark Side

The Dark Side Sectional Moderator Staff Member

Credits:
    What is this? A thread NOT full of people arguing with each other and actually giving legitimate advice over a topic of C&P?

Oh how we've come far. If you wanna mod the game or any game for that matter, it's fine to look at other sources for help. Figure out what makes a function... function. How does it work? How can you optimize it to make it shorter or better?

I agree with Starh as learning C# is one of the easier languages out there. Please login or register to view links or downloads!

As for video games (In this case Bo2)... Simply just don't copy and paste codes. You can always look at the raw dump Please login or register to view links or downloads!

17. DF_AUS

DF_AUS Head Moderator Staff Member Head Staff Team Donator

Credits:
    [​IMG]

The Dark Side and Candy like this.
  18. Candy

Credits:
    Saved me the time, thank you.

DF_AUS and The Dark Side like this.
  19. Supreme Host

Supreme Host Member

Credits:
    But Even When I Look Through The Dumps I Cant Understand Like When I Look At A Code How Am I Suposed To Understand What It Means