Answered Please help. DVD drive for PS3.

RosticGamer99

Insane-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi CabConModding :y: please help, I have a dvd drive in my ps3 that needs remarrying, no need to purchase a new laser as I have a 2nd dvd drive here spare, I am on ITA 4.65.

Please help how to remarry dvd drive ps3 ( 2002A )

DF_AUS

Staff member
Head Staff Team
Donator
Reaction score
Before you start you will need a USB Dongle to set the console into factory service mode + you will also need to have the remarrying dvd files in the download below on the root of a Usb Mass Storage device formatted to FAT32 and have your PS3 running 3.55 Cfw, if your console has a higher Cfw installed you will need to downgrade your fw back to 3.55, I usually install REBUG 3.55.4.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

After you have removed your original drive and inserted your new drive follow these steps:

1. Place the files linked to this comment on the root of a USB Mass Storage device formatted to Fat32.

Put the service mode JIG/dongle/PSGrade into port 0 (closest to the reader) and get into factory service mode.

3. Put the created USB Mass Storage device from step 1 into port 0 (closest to the reader) and run.

Drive Init Executing means it is starting the remarry process
Drive Init Failed with big pink letters 'NG' (No Good!) means the process failed. Most likely solved by fixing the communication issue with the drive.

4. After you run the initial remarry process, do not take it out of factory service mode.

5. Put a BD movie/Ps3 disc in and run it on the PS3. (This restores your DRL files!)

6. Then you can take it out of factory service mode.

7. Launch as normal.

Note: there maybe other ways to remarry drives to the console, this was the first method released and I still use this method, if done correctly will 100% work you :grinning:

Good luck :y: