Redacted T6 bad performance

Gunscrusader

Known Member
Reaction score
Hi i have been experiencing incredibly bad performance with the redacted mod on a good laptop. This is not exactly a new issue. This is with the steam version of the game.

I recently got this new laptop and i thought that i would get at least a moderate performance increase, but nope. It is just as bad or even worse than my previous laptop. Without the client, i can play the game without any problems but with the client installed, i can barely move around. I even tried setting the graphics to a lot worse, but still no performance increase....

My Specs

Intel core i7-8565U 4.0 ghz 8 cores
16 GB RAM
Nvidia gtx 1050
500 GB SSD

My biggest problem, is that this whole thing doesn't make sense to me. I can run the base game perfectly fine. As far as i know, the client only emulates the online services. This is not the first COD that i have played with emulated online services. Why is BLOPS 2 so bad with performance with a custom client?

My hypotheses is that when this client runs, it uses certain settings that causes this that is different than the base game. It might be running with inadequate RAM, trying to use integrated graphics instead of the graphics card, uses less CPU etc.

Maybe my pc is configured incorrectly or something, but if that is the case, than why can i run The Witcher 3 incredibly well and not this?

Can somebody please assist me?

Gunscrusader

Known Member
Reaction score
I dont know if this is going to solve the problem on my end though. Like i said, i have experienced this problem before. This only tells me that the client isn't very compatible with windows 10. No crash just yet, but i haven't tried playing the game with 5-10fps. Bloody unplayable.

Considering that i have both MW2 and BLOPS 1 running with custom clients and minimal performance issues, i am not ready to reinstall windows for this. Maybe something else can fix this, seriously.....

Gunscrusader

Known Member
Reaction score
Im using the one that Slander posted on 14 Jan 2018. It looks like the one with the fix.

Gunscrusader

Known Member
Reaction score
I have tried reinstalling it a few times. Still no improvement. Do i have to install the fix manually?

Slander

Redacted T6 Moderator
Reaction score
I have tried reinstalling it a few times. Still no improvement. Do i have to install the fix manually?
Redacted is known for ban performance. The Redacted team never really optimized the mod and their enhancements to the game very well. I'm sorry for the inconvenience but there is just nothing that anyone can do. The Redacted team is shutdown and they are the only ones with the source code.

sogini12

Known Member
Reaction score
try and change the fps limit that always fixes that glitch, it seems to be something wrong with the fps cap, change it to unlimited to 90 fps then back to whatever limit you want