Tutorial (sprx) Fix - error generating PRX (prx-fixup failed), and similar errors.

Was This Helpful?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pyrex BLJ

im done :)
Reaction score
This Should Fix your SPRX Menus for any game having this problem.

Screenshot_62.png

What I've found the last few times this error happened to me was that the problem is the built in sqrt() function in c++

so to fix it, we don't use it. add this function into your menu and use this instead:

(btw thx for faultz helping me with this originally)

C++:
double sqrtz(double _val) {
    double low = 0;
    double high = _val;
    double mid = 0;

while (high - low > 0.0000001) {
        mid = low + (high - low) / 2;
        if (mid*mid > _val) {
            high = mid;
        }
        else {
            low = mid;
        }
    }
    return mid;
}

I didn't write this func but really any other square root function will work.

If this doesn't work, you might need to add some dependencies
$(SCE_PS3_ROOT)\target\ppu\lib\libc.a;$(SCE_PS3_ROOT)\target\ppu\lib\libdbg_libio_stub.a;$(SCE_PS3_ROOT)\target\ppu\lib\libc_stub.a;$(SN_PS3_PATH)\ppu\lib\sn\libsn.a;$(SCE_PS3_ROOT)\target\ppu\lib\libm.a;$(SCE_PS3_ROOT)\target\ppu\lib\libsysutil_np_trophy_stub.a;$(SCE_PS3_ROOT)\target\ppu\lib\libio_stub.a;$(SCE_PS3_ROOT)\target\ppu\lib\libsysutil_stub.a;$(SCE_PS3_ROOT)\target\ppu\lib\libsysmodule_stub.a;$(SCE_PS3_ROOT)\target\ppu\lib\libsyscall.a;$(SCE_PS3_ROOT)\target\ppu\lib\libgcm_sys_stub.a;$(SCE_PS3_ROOT)\host-win32\spu\lib\gcc\spu-lv2\4.1.1\libgcc.a;$(SCE_PS3_ROOT)\target\ppu\lib\libpadfilter.a;%(AdditionalDependencies)

just paste that into the right place [Properties>linker>Additional Dependencies]

credits to many people of ngu and 7s, and their threads I looked at trying to fix this​

Last edited: