Streaming Service (like twitch, mixer)

Kyle Fardy

Veteran
Donator
Reaction score
im interested in maybe making a streaming platform for modding maybe not even just modding, im not sure where to start, any help would be much appriciated if you could point me in the right direction

Harry

Certified Sick ℂunt
Premium Member
Reaction score
im interested in maybe making a streaming platform for modding maybe not even just modding, im not sure where to start, any help would be much appriciated if you could point me in the right direction
I kinda suggested a video sharing network, however, a streaming network would require a large investment, servers cost $$$ :/

Kyle Fardy

Veteran
Donator
Reaction score
I kinda suggested a video sharing network, however, a streaming network would require a large investment, servers cost $$$ :/
What type of servers we looking at, you gotta spend money to earn money

Harry

Certified Sick ℂunt
Premium Member
Reaction score
What type of servers we looking at, you gotta spend money to earn money
I'm not looking at any servers in particular, however, in order to handle a service such as 'streaming', you will need a service with high bandwidth and port speeds well above 10Gbps (per server), large hard drives, and of course, a script to actually handle that data...

Also, seeming CabConModding is a small community, and wanting to allow only Modding or a certain type of content will return minimal revenue...

I still stand by a video sharing network, only requires a large Harddrive and decent-ish port speeds to run...

Kyle Fardy

Veteran
Donator
Reaction score
I'm not looking at any servers in particular, however, in order to handle a service such as 'streaming', you will need a service with high bandwidth and port speeds well above 10Gbps (per server), large hard drives, and of course, a script to actually handle that data...

Also, seeming CabConModding is a small community, and wanting to allow only Modding or a certain type of content will return minimal revenue...

I still stand by a video sharing network, only requires a large Harddrive and decent-ish port speeds to run...
Yeah I’m still gonna take a look into this and see what I can find n that but cheers for info