When did you start Modding PS3?

Ganjanikos

Greek Force
Donator
Reaction score
I started in August of 2015 when I got my Custom Firmware. But I was using CFG before that!

When did you start modding PS3?
Well in 2015 I started modding in OFW offline probably and used to modify the MW3 tittle with SeriousHD tool -love him- and then in 2016 my ps3 slim broke and then i bought 2 new consoles a Super Slim one that still runs OFW and the other one was the first thing a bought on Ebay (four months ago), a ps3 fat downgradeable console. And now it is running Rebug 4.81 Cex Cobra 7.5

DF_AUS

Staff member
Head Staff Team
Donator
Reaction score
back in like 2010 or 2011, when 3.41 was the latest cfw and you needed a usb dongle inserted + power button and eject button to boot the console in cfw mode, ah the good old days :y:

Freezee

Veteran
Reaction score
back in like 2010 or 2011, when 3.41 was the latest cfw and you needed a usb dongle inserted + power button and eject button to boot the console in cfw mode, ah the good old days :y:
That doesn't sound like much fun, too much effort to hack games!

DF_AUS

Staff member
Head Staff Team
Donator
Reaction score
That doesn't sound like much fun, too much effort to hack games!
Those were the days of modding, people would appreciate modded consoles for there capabilities, the past few years majority of people only use modded consoles for modding games online.

All though before MW3 was released modding was really enjoyable online, there was NO bans and people would in general appreciate modders, these days just suck to mod online.

Freezee

Veteran
Reaction score
Those were the days of modding, people would appreciate modded consoles for there capabilities, the past few years majority of people only use modded consoles for modding games online.

All though before MW3 was released modding was really enjoyable online, there was NO bans and people would in general appreciate modders, these days just suck to mod online.
Yeah, you have a point.

vampytwist

"Don't you trust me?"
Reaction score

But these where the times people where annoying as **** constantly asking for "Free CL plz" specially on mw2 haha. But yeah modders back then where massively respected till 3.55 came along and every skid with cfw was just ****ing up games for the hell of it like de-rank or sitting there with god mode and aimbot.. I honestly miss the days of mw2 1.11 where I had full lobbys of people just playing the many amazing game modes like ai zombies, zombie land, hide n seek, alien v predator, gun game etc. etc.

Freezee

Veteran
Reaction score
But these where the times people where annoying as **** constantly asking for "Free CL plz" specially on mw2 haha. But yeah modders back then where massively respected till 3.55 came along and every skid with cfw was just ******* up games for the hell of it like de-rank or sitting there with god mode and aimbot.. I honestly miss the days of mw2 1.11 where I had full lobbys of people just playing the many amazing game modes like ai zombies, zombie land, hide n seek, alien v predator, gun game etc. etc.

Fun times those were, PS3 modding is dying off now sadly.

Ganjanikos

Greek Force
Donator
Reaction score
Fun times those were, PS3 modding is dying off now sadly.
Well I am still getting some messages for recoveries

Aye sadly and I honestly don't think we will get anything as good or close to the old modding days to be honest.
I actually hope that PS4 modding will be a far dream and i hope that modders will stick with pc games and last gen consoles