Question Black Ops 1 Single Player locked at 15 FPS? (Low FPS Issue)

kartyac

Reaction score
I've literally tried everything to get this to run smoothly. Oddly enough, I was able to get it to actually play at unlocked frame rates randomly. However, now, whenever I launch the game, I get 15-17 fps only in the single player executable. When I launch the multiplayer, it feels very smooth.

Could this have anything to do with it?
Notice how low it estimates my CPU and RAM...

No matter what I put in my user config to change it, those settings remain once I launch the single player executable.
I literally have the same frame rate when I put this in 800 x 600 in windowed mode with everything set to low.

kartyac

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, I have tried this without any results.
I change these values in my config file, yet it has no affect on the game itself.

I also cannot change it in game through the console.

kartyac

Reaction score
Yeah, this is the fitgirl repack but I get the same issue with skidrow :disappointed:
It's weird because in blackopsMP, the ghz and mb are the original smaller values, yet it runs so smoothly...

Bambus

Insane-Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this is the fitgirl repack but I get the same issue with skidrow :disappointed:
It's weird because in blackopsMP, the ghz and mb are the original smaller values, yet it runs so smoothly...
I own the game and could try uploading it to MEGA.

kartyac

Reaction score
That is awfully nice of you, however, I don't think it will be necessary.
I believe that it will run just as crappy with your files vs my two pirated versions.

The issue I'm experiencing has to be an issue with some sort of configuration file...
Maybe you could just copy paste your config file in here for me?

Bambus

Insane-Known Member
Reaction score
That is awfully nice of you, however, I don't think it will be necessary.
I believe that it will run just as crappy with your files vs my two pirated versions.

The issue I'm experiencing has to be an issue with some sort of configuration file...
Maybe you could just copy paste your config file in here for me?
if only I knew where that is located xd