Question Cannot connect to BGamer T5 client

Gunscrusader

Known Member
Reaction score
Hi there. I am having trouble with the bgamer T5 client.

After installing it, i can enter multiplayer one time. If i close the game after it and run it again, the game rapidly switches between connecting and fetching stats before either being stuck on connecting or giving me the error that it was unable to connect to the server. I have hostmode running every time i try it. Reinstalling the game gets me to the point where i can enter the game again once, but after that, i cant connect after closing the game.

I have no background knowledge of the code that is used to create this client, but my hypotheses is that the client overwrites something in the black ops game directory when i enter hostmode and the game for the first time, causing this issue. I just wish i knew how the entire process of connection to the localhost works.

I am experiencing this error on both a cracked version of the game, and the steam version of the game, so the problem must be on my end. I recently got a new pc and i experienced this problem on my older pc as well. I don't see other people experiencing this error even if they have the steam version. Maybe im missing some sort of program or compiler.

If somebody can please assist me, i would really appreciate it.

Gunscrusader

Known Member
Reaction score
Ok i think i have found a workaround. A bit tedious, but it causes the game to work. If i run the multiplayer game, it obviously cannot connect to anything, but then i run the hostmode on the launcher and enter the game while it is running and hit play. Then it seems it is able to connect.

Basically, what you usually do is to run hostmode first then run the game. For me for it to work, i run the game first, then run hostmode and then reconnect ingame then it works. Not a 100% fix, but it works now. Maybe the modder who created this client can use this information somehow.

AdrX003

Veteran
Reaction score
Ok i think i have found a workaround. A bit tedious, but it causes the game to work. If i run the multiplayer game, it obviously cannot connect to anything, but then i run the hostmode on the launcher and enter the game while it is running and hit play. Then it seems it is able to connect.

Basically, what you usually do is to run hostmode first then run the game. For me for it to work, i run the game first, then run hostmode and then reconnect ingame then it works. Not a 100% fix, but it works now. Maybe the modder who created this client can use this information somehow.
@Die_Rache ?