Lucifer

Veteran
Reaction score
Hello everyone on CCM recently the PS3Xploit Team consisting of
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
& W
along with contributions from new team member
have came out with a Software Solution that writes a patch to the CoreOS (on NOR/NAND Chip) and when the PS3 Console is then rebooted you can install a Custom Firmware directly.
So downgrading back to 3.55 is not required in the process, rather "Direct OFW to CFW patching" is done to allow for Custom Firmware Installation. Since this exploit is executed from 4.82 OFW, you can only install to a 4.82 CFW.
HOWEVER if you wish to use an earlier firmware such as REBUG 4.81 for example, once on 4.82 CFW you must TOGGLE QA using a toggle tool, which allows CFW user's to freely switch CFW version from past and present.
  • Verify flsh.hex file on a flash drive and in the far right USB slot!
    • 4.82 flsh.hex MD5: 8E156C99101BF36EC3EDB832982AE46D
  • DO NOT USE ON CFW (Custom Firmware) (Only Supports OFW)
  • DO NOT USE ON PS3 Models 3xxx/4xxx (aka SuperSlims / Late Slim models) you will brick those console.
  • USE ONLY ON 4.82 OFW
1) Try using a LAN connection or a solid WiFi connection during exploitation. A weak signal can cause problems.
2) If the exploit takes more than 5 minutes to work, reload page, browser, or restart console and try again.
3) If you are using a LAN connection and experience network issues, make sure all cables to router are in working order.
1. Setup a small Web server on pc or smartphone. A custom miniweb application (from:
) with small changes to the JaveScript, and supplied to host files if you would like to use it. Don't come to us for explanations about how to run a http server though. Google it.

2. Extract the files from release to your http server root folder.

3. Copy the "flsh.hex" file from release folder to root of flash drive.

4. Put a FAT32 USB key in port closest to BD Drive (/dev_usb000).

5. DOUBLE-CHECK your flash drive on XMB to make sure it shows up under Music, Photos, Videos, etc.

6. Open the PS3 browser File Address window, write the IP address of your server (and the port if not 80) & press the Start button.

7. Select the appropriate button for your console and wait for PS3 to power down. DO NOT STOP THE PROCESS ONCE STARTED!!

8. Once PS3 has powered down, reboot console and install CFW matching OFW version. If installing through XMB does not work, boot to recovery and install.

DF_AUS

Staff member
Head Staff Team
Donator
Reaction score
Hello everyone on CCM recently the PS3Xploit Team consisting of
& W
along with contributions from new team member
have came out with a Software Solution that writes a patch to the CoreOS (on NOR/NAND Chip) and when the PS3 Console is then rebooted you can install a Custom Firmware directly.
So downgrading back to 3.55 is not required in the process, rather "Direct OFW to CFW patching" is done to allow for Custom Firmware Installation. Since this exploit is executed from 4.82 OFW, you can only install to a 4.82 CFW.
HOWEVER if you wish to use an earlier firmware such as REBUG 4.81 for example, once on 4.82 CFW you must TOGGLE QA using a toggle tool, which allows CFW user's to freely switch CFW version from past and present.
  • Verify flsh.hex file on a flash drive and in the far right USB slot!
    • 4.82 flsh.hex MD5: 8E156C99101BF36EC3EDB832982AE46D
  • DO NOT USE ON CFW (Custom Firmware) (Only Supports OFW)
  • DO NOT USE ON PS3 Models 3xxx/4xxx (aka SuperSlims / Late Slim models) you will brick those console.
  • USE ONLY ON 4.82 OFW
1) Try using a LAN connection or a solid WiFi connection during exploitation. A weak signal can cause problems.
2) If the exploit takes more than 5 minutes to work, reload page, browser, or restart console and try again.
3) If you are using a LAN connection and experience network issues, make sure all cables to router are in working order.
1. Setup a small Web server on pc or smartphone. A custom miniweb application (from:
) with small changes to the JaveScript, and supplied to host files if you would like to use it. Don't come to us for explanations about how to run a http server though. Google it.

2. Extract the files from release to your http server root folder.

3. Copy the "flsh.hex" file from release folder to root of flash drive.

4. Put a FAT32 USB key in port closest to BD Drive (/dev_usb000).

5. DOUBLE-CHECK your flash drive on XMB to make sure it shows up under Music, Photos, Videos, etc.

6. Open the PS3 browser File Address window, write the IP address of your server (and the port if not 80) & press the Start button.

7. Select the appropriate button for your console and wait for PS3 to power down. DO NOT STOP THE PROCESS ONCE STARTED!!

8. Once PS3 has powered down, reboot console and install CFW matching OFW version. If installing through XMB does not work, boot to recovery and install.
Good thread, i can also say a close friend of mine is working with Bobby, they have ( in the early stages ) a method of bypassing the minimum firmware checker requirement for PS3 consoles, e.g. a PS3 that has had 3.70 ofw ( 3XXX series ) first loaded can be bypassed to load an earlier cfw such as 3.55, but that's all i will say for now.

There will be some really l33t hacks surfacing for PS3 in the near future.

Ganjanikos

Greek Force
Donator
Reaction score
Good thread, i can also say a close friend of mine is working with Bobby, they have ( in the early stages ) a method of bypassing the minimum firmware checker requirement for PS3 consoles, e.g. a PS3 that has had 3.70 ofw ( 3XXX series ) first loaded can be bypassed to load an earlier cfw such as 3.55, but that's all i will say for now.

There will be some really l33t hacks surfacing for PS3 in the near future.
if that happens then there wont be any legit lobbies left

Harry

Certified Sick ℂunt
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a ps3 that i can jailbreak but i dont know how lol
  • Place it in the microwave for around 15 seconds
  • Place it in the oven on 180°C (360°F) for 5->7 minutes (or until golden brown)
  • Remove from oven and let it sit, the console will be ready when a skewer can be easily pushed into the top
  • Plug console into an outlet when it is cool and enjoy the Rebug 4.80.1 DEX console with lifetime TrinitySPRX

Last edited:

candy

G59 Terrorist
Staff member
Donator
Reaction score
  • Place it in the microwave for around 15 seconds
  • Place it in the oven on 180°C (360°F) for 5->7 minutes (or until golden brown)
  • Remove from oven and let it sit, the console will be ready when a skewer can be easily pushed into the top
  • Plug console into an outlet when it is cool and enjoy the Rebug 4.80.1 DEX console with lifetime TrinitySPRX (
    )
when a meme quickly turns into self advertising.
bda7f658f54ee64d6f1e38d22b1ba2de.jpg

Harry

Certified Sick ℂunt
Premium Member
Reaction score
when a meme quickly turns into self advertising.
bda7f658f54ee64d6f1e38d22b1ba2de.jpg
You should be in our Skype call rn xD

The next 2 weeks will be memes + advertising :tonguewink:
Don't tell CabCon though. I don't wanna be banned