Question Redacted LAN (Same Physical Network) Not Receiving Invites

Romtromon

Reaction score
So I've got two laptops running Windows 8.1 with me and I'm trying to run redacted to play Zombies through LAN. I used this release: https://cabconmodding.com/threads/redacted-online-offline-client-with-fix-for-windows-10.3928/page-4

On both devices we can see the other one online, but when we send each other invites it's not received on the other end. I'm not sure if this is relevant but Party Privacy is set to Open NAT shows Moderate. Both devices are on the same physical network, does this have anything to do with UPnP? I've attached my log file in case that provides some useful information.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• RedactedBase.txt
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,003
Last edited:

Slander

Redacted T6 Moderator
Reaction score
So I've got to laptops running Windows 8.1 with me and I'm trying to run redacted to play Zombies through LAN. I used this release: https://cabconmodding.com/threads/redacted-online-offline-client-with-fix-for-windows-10.3928/page-4

On both devices we can see the other one online, but when we send each other invites it's not received on the other end. I'm not sure if this is relevant but Party Privacy is set to Open NAT shows Moderate. Both devices are on the same physical network, does this have anything to do with UPnP? I've attached my log file in case that provides some useful information.

Thanks in advance for any help!
You won’t be able to connect without being on the same exact IP. Use Tunngle or Evolve.

Romtromon

Reaction score
You won’t be able to connect without being on the same exact IP. Use Tunngle or Evolve.

I see, is there any way I can do this without an internet connection? Because the LAN connection we're using doesn't have internet access. And do you mean that both devices need to have the same IP address? Would it work if I set the Host address on Redacted.ini to something else?

Slander

Redacted T6 Moderator
Reaction score
I see, is there any way I can do this without an internet connection? Because the LAN connection we're using doesn't have internet access. And do you mean that both devices need to have the same IP address? Would it work if I set the Host address on Redacted.ini to something else?
You can try the good ole Ethernet technique but I personally doubt it’ll work. And I’m actually not sure if editing the IP in the .ini will help. You can try to change them to the same IP for both .ini’s and see if it works. If that doesn’t, you can try the Ethernet method. If that doesn’t work, then I’m sorry, you’re stuck with split-screen.

Romtromon

Reaction score
You can try the good ole Ethernet technique but I personally doubt it’ll work. And I’m actually not sure if editing the IP in the .ini will help. You can try to change them to the same IP for both .ini’s and see if it works. If that doesn’t, you can try the Ethernet method. If that doesn’t work, then I’m sorry, you’re stuck with split-screen.

Do you mean connecting the two computers with a crossover cable? I don't understand why Tunngle and Evolve would work but literally being on the same physical network connected to the same router wouldn't...

And what IP would I try changing to on the .ini?

AdrX003

Veteran
Reaction score
i got to the part where i received the invite but the game doesnt connect
(using two notebooks,W10Aniv, connected to same network+internet, redacted patch and Hamachi)
im gonna try again when my friend is able to test too

and im pretty sure that T6 doesnt have splitscreen on PC...

Romtromon

Reaction score
i got to the part where i received the invite but the game doesnt connect
(using two notebooks,W10Aniv, connected to same network+internet, redacted patch and Hamachi)
im gonna try again when my friend is able to test too

and im pretty sure that T6 doesnt have splitscreen on PC...

Do let me know if you figure it out. I'm gonna give Plutonium offline mode a try when I get the chance because I can't seem to get this working...