Answered BO2 Freezing [Paradox v2]

HuskyMods

Reaction score
The other day I got console banned, I purchased a new cid and changed it all through console manager, etc. Prior to being banned my bo2 was fine, im using the paradox v2 sprx menu (the new update on paid one, not the cracked v2). I have Bles01717 whatever version, and im on Rebug 4.82 DEX. As I said prior to getting console banned, everything ran smoothly. I reinstalled it, and tried all that, and nothing has worked yet. I can load up the game fine and play local, but as soon as I sign in (whether it be prior to loading bo2, or at the bo2 menu) I freeze. Any ideas?

Edit: After getting console banned I started disabling internet connection when using homebrew and such to be extra safe, though i'm not an idiot I do turn internet back on before opening bo2.

DF_AUS

Staff member
Head Staff Team
Donator
Reaction score
The other day I got console banned, I purchased a new cid and changed it all through console manager, etc. Prior to being banned my bo2 was fine, im using the paradox v2 sprx menu (the new update on paid one, not the cracked v2). I have Bles01717 whatever version, and im on Rebug 4.82 DEX. As I said prior to getting console banned, everything ran smoothly. I reinstalled it, and tried all that, and nothing has worked yet. I can load up the game fine and play local, but as soon as I sign in (whether it be prior to loading bo2, or at the bo2 menu) I freeze. Any ideas?

Edit: After getting console banned I started disabling internet connection when using homebrew and such to be extra safe, though i'm not an idiot I do turn internet back on before opening bo2.
Thread moved:

By any chance have you tried deleting the game data for BO2 then reinstalling?
Or signing in with a different profile to see if the issue continues?

HuskyMods

Reaction score
Thread moved:

By any chance have you tried deleting the game data for BO2 then reinstalling?
Or signing in with a different profile to see if the issue continues?

I deleted game data when I uninstalled it, but I havent tried a seperate account yet, ill update after I try that

Edit: tried new account, still froze

Last edited:

The Dark Side

Former Staff Member
Reaction score
New account didnt work
- Try redownloading Paradox.
- Try to Rebuild Database in recovery mode.
- Try deleting your game data (Not the game itself, just the game data (Cache, saved games, etc)
- If the above doesnt work, reinstall the game again.. if you have it on a disc, simply deleting the game data should fix the problem.
- If none of these things above work, reinstall your cfw.

If none of these things work, i'm afraid this could be a sign that your console is starting to bug out due to the thermal paste wearing off. Or overheating. I could be wrong about this one, but my ps3 started freezing for absolutely no reason before it konked out.

This is most likely not the case though. Be sure to try all of these! :y::y: Good luck!

HuskyMods

Reaction score
- Try redownloading Paradox.
- Try to Rebuild Database in recovery mode.
- Try deleting your game data (Not the game itself, just the game data (Cache, saved games, etc)
- If the above doesnt work, reinstall the game again.. if you have it on a disc, simply deleting the game data should fix the problem.
- If none of these things above work, reinstall your cfw.

If none of these things work, i'm afraid this could be a sign that your console is starting to bug out due to the thermal paste wearing off. Or overheating. I could be wrong about this one, but my ps3 started freezing for absolutely no reason before it konked out.

This is most likely not the case though. Be sure to try all of these! :y::y: Good luck!
Already tried reinstalling paradox, thanks for the feedback though ill be sure to update you guys once i either get a fix or after i try all of this! Hopefully its something as simple as reinstalling or rebuilding database, if it were to be worse case and the thermal paste is wearing off, could it be an easy fix to take apart and re do the paste?

The Dark Side

Former Staff Member
Reaction score
Already tried reinstalling paradox, thanks for the feedback though ill be sure to update you guys once i either get a fix or after i try all of this! Hopefully its something as simple as reinstalling or rebuilding database, if it were to be worse case and the thermal paste is wearing off, could it be an easy fix to take apart and re do the paste?
It will most likely be a software problem. So i wouldn't worry about it.

Also, does the game still freeze even without the SPRX? If not, then its probably a game data issue. Try to like i said, delete your game data and rebuild the database. :smile: it should solve your problem. If not, you gotta reinstall your cfw. Which will 9/10 definitely fix the issue.

HuskyMods

Reaction score
It will most likely be a software problem. So i wouldn't worry about it.

Also, does the game still freeze even without the SPRX? If not, then its probably a game data issue. Try to like i said, delete your game data and rebuild the database. :smile: it should solve your problem. If not, you gotta reinstall your cfw. Which will 9/10 definitely fix the issue.
Update: Uninstalled, and rebuilt database before reinstalling, solved issue, thanks for the help! :smile:

Pyrex BLJ

im done :)
Reaction score
You mean the update that came out less than 2 weeks ago works? Wow. Who knew
thought u were talking about this
maxresdefault.jpg