Outdated Environment removal - Trees, grass, stones etc...

Marc Swinther

Insane-Known Member
Reaction score
This is after patch 11/2/17

Removes almost all foliage.

Has its pros and cons

Go to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Co nfig\WindowsNoEditor

Open the Engine.ini file and copy and paste this

[/script/engine.renderersettings]
foliage.OnlyLOD=1
foliage.MinLOD=1
foliage.LODDistanceScaleGrass=0
foliage.CullAll=1

The last command is what gets rid everything. First 3 are for grass.

I would suggest only using this in Solo since you are going to be running into things and you can't see any trees, rocks, or most walls.

Edit: I've been told and checked that

foliage.OnlyLOD=1
foliage.MinLOD=1

Work so no need to put that into the engine

Just found new command to mess around with

foliage.MaxTrianglesToRender=10000

Having it a 10000 seemed to be the best but I don't know if there is a better option.

You can see walls and everything so this is better than CullAll.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

TommyGee

Reaction score
Signed up to thank you for your post! I found your thread by googling some UE4 command while trying to get some more fps just so I could actually play this game at 60 fps (most of the time).

Is there a sweet spot between removing all foliage (which includes grass, obstacles, walls etc..) and, well, not? I noticed that the majority of my fps drops are in open fields and that's probably mainly attributed to foliage and grass, but then again removing them entirely sort of removes all the fun and feels like (and probably is considered) cheating.

Tried to mess around with foliage.MaxTrianglesToRender and went up to 30k but still find myself running into invisible walls and I find myself when spotting an enemy running around in a field constantly trying to remember whether or not the spot they're currently at is behind a tree line I cannot see or haystack of some kind etc..

Any sweet spots or other command lines you come across that strike a better balance between fair play and performance would be severely appreciated, and thanks again for your efforts.

Marc Swinther

Insane-Known Member
Reaction score
Signed up to thank you for your post! I found your thread by googling some UE4 command while trying to get some more fps just so I could actually play this game at 60 fps (most of the time).

Is there a sweet spot between removing all foliage (which includes grass, obstacles, walls etc..) and, well, not? I noticed that the majority of my fps drops are in open fields and that's probably mainly attributed to foliage and grass, but then again removing them entirely sort of removes all the fun and feels like (and probably is considered) cheating.

Tried to mess around with foliage.MaxTrianglesToRender and went up to 30k but still find myself running into invisible walls and I find myself when spotting an enemy running around in a field constantly trying to remember whether or not the spot they're currently at is behind a tree line I cannot see or haystack of some kind etc..

Any sweet spots or other command lines you come across that strike a better balance between fair play and performance would be severely appreciated, and thanks again for your efforts.
I do not use this myself, it is only for the users on this community.

Aurum

Reaction score
Works fine, only problem is: There are too many invisible walls. Basically you can not even drive a car or something.. Maybe some command that the trees appear in 100m range or something is better?

Marc Swinther

Insane-Known Member
Reaction score
Works fine, only problem is: There are too many invisible walls. Basically you can not even drive a car or something.. Maybe some command that the trees appear in 100m range or something is better?
Here is a list of commands you can play around with -
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

TommyGee

Reaction score

The thing is that some dense areas (too many building, foliage, fences etc..) will reach the cap very fast which means that all other collision obstacles are not rendered, so for example a 10k max triangles limit would be ok for lets say gatka but would be completely unusable in polyana or pochinki, etc..

If you manage to find a workaround where collision-inducing triangles are always rendered first within that cap or something of similar nature do let us know

Aurum

Reaction score
The thing is that some dense areas (too many building, foliage, fences etc..) will reach the cap very fast which means that all other collision obstacles are not rendered, so for example a 10k max triangles limit would be ok for lets say gatka but would be completely unusable in polyana or pochinki, etc..

If you manage to find a workaround where collision-inducing triangles are always rendered first within that cap or something of similar nature do let us know
Thats the exact problem I have too.