Article How To fix error "Unexpected string type in stringtable"

Demon xModRx

Insane-Known Member
Reaction score
Basically for zombies, what you'll need to do is;

1) download the gsc dump thats attached

2) From there you can pick which gsc file you want to modify and implement into your menu (I used "maps/mp/gametypes_zm/_dev", however Im sure you can use other gsc files instead, some may cause issues thow from what I heard).
Note: Whilst It Doesn't Really Matter, I'd Recomend Choosing A GSC File With Low Storage Space Being Used.

3) You'll want to make a new project in GSC Studio (Or whatever you use to code and compile your menu), I just named mine "<Menu Name> Pt2" for the sake of organization.

4) Cut & Paste the scripts that are giving you the issues into the new project (Be sure to delete the code from the original project afterwards).
Note: Do Not Delete The Code Thats Already In The Script.

5) You'll want to make sure that both gsc files include each other (Ex: in your <Main Project>.gsc, be sure to add "#include example/pach/<gsc file name>", and in your 2nd gsc file, be sure in add "#include maps/mp/gametypes_zm/_clientids") This will allow the 2 files to comunicate with each other.

6) Compile your main project as "_clientids.gsc".

7) Compile your 2nd gsc file as "<Example Name.gsc>", (Ex: for me, I compiled it to "_dev.gsc")

8) Once both are compiled, you'll want to put the "_clientids.gsc" in its normal location (maps/mp/gametypes_zm/clientids.gsc). Put the 2nd gsc file in its correct path (For me, the path was "maps/mp/gametypes_zm/_dev.gsc")

Here is a dump of all Zombie GSCs than can be used

Attachments

• patch_zm.rar
    497.9 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

CabCon

Head Administrator
Staff member
Head Staff Team
Reaction score
im trying to make a simple "Kill all zombies" mod, but keep getting this error: "Unexpected string type in stringtable". here is the script:

I have multiple mods that work the same way using the foreach(), and all of them give me the exact same error, with the exception of 2 for some reason.
Any suggestions would be VERY appreciated. Thanks!
Do you get the error as well when your are trying to inject directly from GSC tool?

Check google as well:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!