Answered How To Understand

Supreme Host

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I Am Looking To Improve My GSC And Coding In General So I Am Able To Understand Code And Able To Write In A Tiny Bit But I Do Not Understand What The Codes In The Dump Mean So How Do I Understand What They Mean So When I look In A Dump I Can Understand So I Can Create My Own Code But I Get Confused....

candy

G59 Terrorist
Staff member
Donator
Reaction score
No They All Said Look At Sources Which I Have Done But I Dont Understand The Dump So If Someone Could Please Explain How I Could Learn
No, not everyone did. Have you even looked in the gsc dump's?

candy

G59 Terrorist
Staff member
Donator
Reaction score
But I Dont Understand What Is In It Like What Information I Can Take From It
Well if you download it and read it, then you'll find out.

For example the carepackage drop, find the killstreaks folder, then _supplydrop.

Supreme Host

Reaction score
But There Is Nothing Called Killstreaks Like Its All Maps Will I Donwload Another One And See If I Can Understand Or Something

candy

G59 Terrorist
Staff member
Donator
Reaction score
There is you just have to search for it....

Harry

Certified Sick ℂunt
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whats The Point in all The Other Stuff Are They Real Thing In The Game Aswell So Like I Can Spawn Them Too??
Depends on what code you’re looking at mate. For instance, enableinvulnerability(); is a function and wouldn’t be “spawned”, where as a model taken from the _supplydrop.gsc file could be spawned using the appropriate code to spawn it.

I would recommend looking at some C# tutorials online, and start learning C# (Windows Forms Development), and then once you have spent maybe 2 months on that, comeback to GameSCript. It’ll make much more sense. Reading through a script probably won’t tell you what a Boolean is, a couple of tutorials of C# will.

Supreme Host

Reaction score
Depends on what code you’re looking at mate. For instance, enableinvulnerability(); is a function and wouldn’t be “spawned”, where as a model taken from the _supplydrop.gsc file could be spawned using the appropriate code to spawn it.

I would recommend looking at some C# tutorials online, and start learning C# (Windows Forms Development), and then once you have spent maybe 2 months on that, comeback to GameSCript. It’ll make much more sense. Reading through a script probably won’t tell you what a Boolean is, a couple of tutorials of C# will.
How Would I Go About Finding enableinvulnerability

Harry

Certified Sick ℂunt
Premium Member
Reaction score
by just typing
Code:
self EnableInvulnerability();
No, teach him how, don't show him how....
How Would I Go About Finding enableinvulnerability
This is what I'd recommend for a noob. Do some research into C# Form's Development. This is a fairly easy, but very good language to learn. Once you have spent some time on that, you can go through online GSC Method Releases & the GSC Dump and use the code, you'll understand it better...

Harry

Certified Sick ℂunt
Premium Member
Reaction score
Giving him enableInvuinerability, inst going todo much. Don't worry.
Wasn't talking about you posting that, more about how you approach it (use this
Code:
self iPrintln("You're Gay");
) compared to "You the self iPrintln function, then place a string as a parameter." You teach him what a parameter is and what a string is..