ID_UNCONNECTED_PONG from peer

whatwhat

Reaction score
When hooking up my two clients, I can see one client and I can invite. But the invite does not appear in the other client, and by reading in the console it says something like "ID_UNCONNECTED_PONG from peer *ip-adress here*.

My NAT is also set to moderate, could that be an issue why the second client isn't reciving invites?

upload_2018-1-13_21-28-21.png

Last edited:

Harry

Certified Sick ℂunt
Premium Member
Reaction score
Forgot the question itself...
If you NAT is moderate, this usually means that your network is restricting certain ports, and therefore certain packets the game wants to send. Redacted or the client you are using could be running on a port you have closed, and therefore packets cannot be sent or received on the port... Self explanatory really. Give getting an Open NAT type a try (usually done by putting the IP of the computer into DMZ mode on your router or search for the ports needed in order to open NAT type for the specific game on your specific router)

whatwhat

Reaction score
Alright, thank you! I'll get back to you with this.

One more thing, on my screenshot I am testing a cable from computer to computer. Should I try to disable the firewall if I want to play offline/LAN?

EDIT: Disabling the firewall and/or making a rule for the .exe doesn't change the NAT I get

Last edited:

Harry

Certified Sick ℂunt
Premium Member
Reaction score
Alright, thank you! I'll get back to you with this.

One more thing, on my screenshot I am testing a cable from computer to computer. Should I try to disable the firewall if I want to play offline/LAN?

EDIT: Disabling the firewall and/or making a rule for the .exe doesn't change the NAT I get
Did you make a PC based rule or a router based rule? I doubt making one on the PC will have grave importance, you need to follow something like this:

Although it's for PS4, you should follow the steps in order to open the NAT type for your PC. I would recommend following the steps taken in the video as that has opened my NAT type across all games on all systems :smile:

Also, did you try 'DMZ Mode' on your router?

whatwhat

Reaction score
It was a PC based rule, since the router isn't involved. I connected the machines with only a cable between them. And disabling the firewall as I said, doesn't fix the problem. :tonguewink:

I'll be sure to check it out! Thank you!

No I haven't tried "DMZ Mode" yet, since I am trying to get it working machine to machine with only a cable. But I will be sure to test it later :grinning:

Harry

Certified Sick ℂunt
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was a PC based rule, since the router isn't involved. I connected the machines with only a cable between them. And disabling the firewall as I said, doesn't fix the problem. :tonguewink:

I'll be sure to check it out! Thank you!

No I haven't tried "DMZ Mode" yet, since I am trying to get it working machine to machine with only a cable. But I will be sure to test it later :grinning:
Oh, I now understand.
Could you message me on Discord? Profound#3240
Perhaps running this over a Network like Tunngle would be better rather than using a crossover cable?

whatwhat

Reaction score
Neat, I sent you a friend request!

I was guessing that I need something like that, but was not too sure

whatwhat

Reaction score
Small update on this one, profile seems to be loaded and so forth. But the invite-button is now gone lol.

upload_2018-1-14_16-9-0.png