Question My friend needs help.

ZeZoBeatz123

Veteran
Reaction score
I was downloading a custom map call "Alcatraz" to play with my friend on and the map recommends to download a mod to put in your directory of the game to help run the map. I did that. But when my friend downloaded the mod and showed me his directory, it looked like this:
Screenshot_1.png
We really want to play this map but he keeps crashing whenever he starts up the map and I think his directory has something to do with it. Please do not ask me to uninstall and reinstall it. We have tried that many times. (P.S: the dll file in there is the mod the map recommends.)

ZeZoBeatz123

Veteran
Reaction score
But we both have the game on Steam and I know my friend. He never customizes where the directory goes and this is what mine looks like in the same folder:
Screenshot (4).png

I am not sure why.

ZeZoBeatz123

Veteran
Reaction score
But then how did we play the game and 10 minutes later I saw his directory of WaW and there was just that in there?

P!X

Head Moderator
Staff member
Head Staff Team
Reaction score
But then how did we play the game and 10 minutes later I saw his directory of WaW and there was just that in there?
Tell him he has to do a screenshot of the error message

thats my install folder(with mod tools):
4863ed9cf7.png

ZeZoBeatz123

Veteran
Reaction score
Here is what my friend sent me on the error message:
Screenshot_2 (1).png

And before you even ask, he can't click anything when it crashes. So he can't get rid of the "Unhandled exception caught" message. So I hope you can make something out of what he sent me.

Pyrex BLJ

im done :)
Reaction score
he obv has world at war installed in a different location, tell him to put the dll in wherever he actually installed it

ZeZoBeatz123

Veteran
Reaction score
But that's the thing. If he doesn't have it installed there, we have no idea where it is installed at. And we uninstalled it and reinstalled it when we first discovered this error. So I am not sure why the default directory is set somewhere else.

Pyrex BLJ

im done :)
Reaction score
in steam right click waw then go to properties>local files>browse local files, thats where its installed