PS4 Jailbeak By CTurt (Read Carefully)

Syndicate

Modder
Reaction score
I Recently bumped into this Info!!

CTurt has claimed that he has managed to break the webkit process out of a FreeBSD "jail". For those who don't know, jailbreaking was coined as you were "breaking out of a jail"(Breaking free of Restrictions).

Now this hasn't been confirmed however CTurt is a very known Dev and a trusted source of information and has already released some tools such as the PS4 Playground Tools and his open source PS4 SDK. He's also stated that he has managed to dump RAM from process such as "SceShellUI". This is a huge step forward towards the possibility of custom firmware for the Playstation 4.

What could this mean?
Their could possibly Be a CFW for PS4 like their is for PS3, however this depends if he decides to continue with his work after SONY start to notice what he is doing and START taking action.

Their is still loads to be explored so don't get too excited over this thread!, he has been testing on Firmware's 1.76 or lower.

What Is your Opinion On This? do you want a fully working CFW for PS4, or do you think it will ruin PS4 Experience?

Matt

Web Developer
Reaction score
This news is old af.

Imo there won't be a "jailbreak" for the PS4, like the one of the PS3 - however there will be bypasses and exploits found in the near future. I'll bet a whole low of money on that.

Syndicate

Modder
Reaction score
I disagree their will be a cfw like PS3, it might not be released publicly due to SONY but it will be done. no one thought ps3 would be hacked but it was. I know its sort of old but I only just saw this info, and perhaps members also didn't know about this.

Dr.GiggleZ

Modder
Reaction score
I disagree their will be a cfw like PS3, it might not be released publicly due to SONY but it will be done. no one thought ps3 would be hacked but it was. I know its sort of old but I only just saw this info, and perhaps members also didn't know about this.
There'll be custom firmware there always is lmao , ohhh good old psp coding days on SFDM lmao

Syndicate

Modder
Reaction score
There'll be custom firmware there always is lmao , ohhh good old psp coding days on SFDM lmao
Yeah their will be I just don't think it will be public due to the fact SONY would ruin the Devs life with lawsuits etc

Throwie

Veteran
Reaction score
It can be possible bur not in the near future. Think about it but they would have looked upon it in the past and restructured the whole firmware. Also they prob made it impossible to make it go into developer mode or even retail.

Syndicate

Modder
Reaction score
could be fake, and just be PS3, that's RedDotCity Menu By Execlo ive used it before