Question Redacted - Constant "Unhandled exception caught" errors

JamieVonJamJar

Veteran
Reaction score
As the title suggests, these errors pop up constantly. I get one game, maybe a second if I'm lucky before the game crashes and I have to boot it up again. It's getting quite frustrating now so I thought I'd make a post and see if anybody has the answers?

Yes. I've tried all the traditional stuff. Verified game cache, ran compatibility mode, reinstalled the game etc.

Slander

Redacted T6 Moderator
Reaction score
Did you buy BO2 from Steam and install Redacted over the Steam BO2 files?

JamieVonJamJar

Veteran
Reaction score
Yes, my Black Ops 2 is bought on Steam and the files are replaced over the original files (Like .dlls and stuff it asks you to do)

Slander

Redacted T6 Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, my Black Ops 2 is bought on Steam and the files are replaced over the original files (Like .dlls and stuff it asks you to do)
Make sure you verify your game files through Steam and make sure you are using the latest version of Redacted.

Slander

Redacted T6 Moderator
Reaction score
is this the same version from redacted.se. im having the same errors on a steam copy of bo2 as well : /
That is the exact version from redacted.se. If you are having issues with that version, either you have a bad game environment or you pirated BO2.

Slander

Redacted T6 Moderator
Reaction score
thanks for responding. could you clarify what a bad game environment is and how this can be resolved. if it helps i can provide redacted console logs to maybe pinpoint the issue. also, this might be unrelated but i've had this issue where the game will automatically set keys for certain actions (toggle stance, strafe left/right, ads, etc.) if left unassigned. could this be the cause of a bad game environment.

the attachment is a scrnshot of my gamefolder
Either your game files are corrupt or you didn’t buy BO2 through steam (you downloaded the game somewhere on the internet). The latest version of Redacted works flawlessly with the official Steam version of BO2.

Slander

Redacted T6 Moderator
Reaction score
i have the official steam version of this game. the unhandled exception error and keybind issues has persisted even after reinstalling the game so i don't know how else to fix corrupted game files.
What are you doing before the error occurs?

Slander

Redacted T6 Moderator
Reaction score
the error crashes the game during stats screen usually, before returning to lobby.

edit: i think my system is just borked along with my game installations so i'll jus fresh install. will keep updated on if problem persists.
Did you edit your stats?

SoullessPhantom

Reaction score
Either your game files are corrupt or you didn’t buy BO2 through steam (you downloaded the game somewhere on the internet). The latest version of Redacted works flawlessly with the official Steam version of BO2.
hey i have an issue about having stucked at the redacted console but the game didn't launch. is there like an IP address that i have to change?