Question What do I use to compile bo1 GSC menus?

Demon xModRx

Insane-Known Member
Reaction score
I've been coding GSC for bo2 for a pretty long time now, and I think that I've gotten to be pretty advanced with it. So now I want to test my luck at coding bo1 GSC menus. the problem is; I don't really know where to get started. Like bo2 menus, I just use "Bo2 GSC Studio", and that allows me to easily code menus as well as compile them, but after looking on
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
, I can't really find anything for bo1. I'm Fine if I have to use Visual Studio to code, but I just need to know what to use to compile menus.

CF4_99

Veteran
Reaction score
I recommend Infinity Loader. BO1/BO2/WAW access is free. It's available for both PC & Xbox.

Demon xModRx

Insane-Known Member
Reaction score
I recommend Infinity Loader. BO1/BO2/WAW access is free. It's available for both PC & Xbox.
Thank you, That is very useful, but I was hoping to find a compiler that compiles menus to a gsc file like '_clientids' or somthing of the sort. I like to release my menus, and I dont really want to straight up release source code. So is there anything that compiles menus to a gsc file? I'm assuming that bo1 and bo2 are compiled differently and read differently, therefore I'd assume that GSC studio wouldnt work for bo1, right?

CF4_99

Veteran
Reaction score
Looking into it, it looks like its not as simple as just one GSC file. but still
As of right now, there is only two injectors that will allow GSC to be used online anyways. Which is InfinityOps and Infinity Loader. Neither of which, will protect your source. As far as I know there isn't anything that will protect your source on bo1. Sources aren't protected on BO2 with GSC Studio anyways, since they can be decompiled.

No, GSC Studio will not work for BO1. They are 2 completely different games.

Demon xModRx

Insane-Known Member
Reaction score
As of right now, there is only two injectors that will allow GSC to be used online anyways. Which is InfinityOps and Infinity Loader. Neither of which, will protect your source. As far as I know there isn't anything that will protect your source on bo1. Sources aren't protected on BO2 with GSC Studio anyways, since they can be decompiled.

No, GSC Studio will not work for BO1. They are 2 completely different games.
Well, there are ways of protecting bo2 menus so as that they cannot be decompiled. But thats nice to know thanks. as far as GSC Studio working on bo1 goes, thats what I figured, but it never hurts to ask. I think the biggest thing for me is that I dont like injecting the menu; I rather have the menu on my 'raw' folder on bo1, and it looks like thats what InfinityOps does. So is there any suggestions as to how to use that? I understand that none of the code is compiled, does this mean that I just write to the gsc file itself, or is there a software that helps with it? - Sorry for all the questions. I did try looking it up first, but there isnt much on the subject at all

Demon xModRx

Insane-Known Member
Reaction score
Ok, I think I've almost got it. However, I tried to load up a simple menu base that I found
to make sure it works properly (I changed to includes from multiplayer to zombies), and added it to 'raw/maps/mp/gametypes/_clientids.gsc' as ImJtagModz said to do Here, however the menu doesnt load up (Nothing pops up when I aim+knife). As far as I know, its not the menu thats not working, as it woked when I injected it via InfinityLoader. Would you posibly know the issue?
Ive also tried the respective:
'raw/maps/mp/gametypes/clientids.gsc',
'raw/maps/mp/gametypes_zm/clientids.gsc', as well as
'raw/maps/mp/gametypes_zm/_clientids.gsc'
all with the same result; The game loads as if there is no menu at all

CF4_99

Veteran
Reaction score
Ive also tried the respective:
'raw/maps/mp/gametypes/clientids.gsc',
'raw/maps/mp/gametypes_zm/clientids.gsc', as well as
'raw/maps/mp/gametypes_zm/_clientids.gsc'
all with the same result; The game loads as if there is no menu at all
Are you injecting the .dll?
Also, are you trying to get this to work for mp, or zombies?
Lastly, there is no maps/mp/gametypes_zm directory, like bo2.
zombies is considered to be apart of singleplayer. So all of the zombie files will be located in the maps folder
i.e. maps/_zombiemode.gsc

Demon xModRx

Insane-Known Member
Reaction score
Are you injecting the .dll?
Also, are you trying to get this to work for mp, or zombies?
Lastly, there is no maps/mp/gametypes_zm directory, like bo2.
zombies is considered to be apart of singleplayer. So all of the zombie files will be located in the maps folder
i.e. maps/_zombiemode.gsc
I'm using an RGH using XBOnline (Which has InfinityOps.xex built in).
I'm trying to get this to work on zombies.
after moving the file to 'maps' and renaming it to '_zombiemode.gsc', I'm now atleast getting the game to register that there is a menu. However apon loading up a solo game, I get the error:
Server script compile error
unknown function

this sounds like there is a function missing- which makes sense because I am straight up overwriting a file. is there a bo1 gsc dump that I need? It almost sounds like an error you can get on bo2 for using extra gsc files for a menu, without adding the code from the old gsc file.

Demon xModRx

Insane-Known Member
Reaction score
I'm using an RGH using XBOnline (Which has InfinityOps.xex built in).
I'm trying to get this to work on zombies.
after moving the file to 'maps' and renaming it to '_zombiemode.gsc', I'm now atleast getting the game to register that there is a menu. However apon loading up a solo game, I get the error:
Server script compile error
unknown function

this sounds like there is a function missing- which makes sense because I am straight up overwriting a file. is there a bo1 gsc dump that I need? It almost sounds like an error you can get on bo2 for using extra gsc files for a menu, without adding the code from the old gsc file.
I found a bo1 gsc dump Here, and tried using a few different files. some didnt load up the menu at all and started the game normally, others just gave me the exact same error. I did make sure to add the functions and includes from the gsc files I used into the new file. I also tried using a different base form
(Once again, making sure to change the includes from multiplayer to zombies). Any idea what may be causing this? - The menu loads fine when I inject it from InfinityLoader

CF4_99

Veteran
Reaction score
I found a bo1 gsc dump Here, and tried using a few different files. some didnt load up the menu at all and started the game normally, others just gave me the exact same error. I did make sure to add the functions and includes from the gsc files I used into the new file. I also tried using a different base form
(Once again, making sure to change the includes from multiplayer to zombies). Any idea what may be causing this? - The menu loads fine when I inject it from InfinityLoader
Good thing about bo1 is, you don't have to stick to pre-made gscs. As in you can make your own files and name them whatever(i.e. menu.gsc)
You can also make your own paths as well(i.e. maps/BO1Project/menu.gsc)

I recommend doing this:
1. Overwrite maps/_zombiemode_load.gsc
2. Make sure you have all of the contents of that file intact from the original file, or you will get an unknown function
3. Make a call to your menu files from there(In the OnPlayerConnect, or OnPlayerSpawned)
4. You don't need to include it, just make a direct call to it:

OnPlayerConnect: player thread maps/BO1Project/menu::OnPlayerSpawned();
OnPlayerSpawned: self thread maps/BO1Project/menu::LoadMenuExample();

You don't need to use both of those, it's just an example of how it should look when you choose which one to make your call from.

5. Before you try this with a menu base, try just doing a simple print on spawn to make sure you got it all working.

Demon xModRx

Insane-Known Member
Reaction score
Good thing about bo1 is, you don't have to stick to pre-made gscs. As in you can make your own files and name them whatever(i.e. menu.gsc)
You can also make your own paths as well(i.e. maps/BO1Project/menu.gsc)

I recommend doing this:
1. Overwrite maps/_zombiemode_load.gsc
2. Make sure you have all of the contents of that file intact from the original file, or you will get an unknown function
3. Make a call to your menu files from there(In the OnPlayerConnect, or OnPlayerSpawned)
4. You don't need to include it, just make a direct call to it:

OnPlayerConnect: player thread maps/BO1Project/menu::OnPlayerSpawned();
OnPlayerSpawned: self thread maps/BO1Project/menu::LoadMenuExample();

You don't need to use both of those, it's just an example of how it should look when you choose which one to make your call from.

5. Before you try this with a menu base, try just doing a simple print on spawn to make sure you got it all working.
Ok, It took a little bit of trial and error, first there was a syntax error (Simple fix, turns out that you just used the wrong slashes is all; You want to type 'player thread maps\BO1Project\menu::OnPlayerSpawned();', or 'self thread maps\BO1Project\menu::LoadMenuExample();' instead). After fixing that, I got there error:
uninitialized variable 'player'
which was another simple fix; I was just trying to call the thread before the player was defined.
After that I finally got everything to load up properly!
Thank You CF4_99 for all of the help, And I hope that anyone who wants to start making bo1 zombies GSC menus in the future finds this thread helpful aswell!

CF4_99

Veteran
Reaction score
Ok, It took a little bit of trial and error, first there was a syntax error (Simple fix, turns out that you just used the wrong slashes is all; You want to type 'player thread maps\BO1Project\menu::OnPlayerSpawned();', or 'self thread maps\BO1Project\menu::LoadMenuExample();' instead). After fixing that, I got there error:
uninitialized variable 'player'
which was another simple fix; I was just trying to call the thread before the player was defined.
After that I finally got everything to load up properly!
Thank You CF4_99 for all of the help, And I hope that anyone who wants to start making bo1 zombies GSC menus in the future finds this thread helpful aswell!
Glad I could help! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Goodluck with your menu