Answered CFW PS3 Transfer?

CoreyModzDEX

Veteran
Reaction score
Hey I got a jailbroken fat ps3 witch is ****ing **** due to the amount of heat the console builds even with thermal replacement so I when and bought ps3 slim 4.81 ofw witch is quiet as a mouse Is it possible to transfer my fat cfw to my ofw slim cause fat has broken fan connector and fats are useless when it comes to cfw overheating and slims are just ****ing wonderful to me any help please? and not e3 downgrade just simple transfer

DF_AUS

Staff member
Head Staff Team
Donator
Reaction score
Hey I got a jailbroken fat ps3 witch is ****ing **** due to the amount of heat the console builds even with thermal replacement so I when and bought ps3 slim 4.81 ofw witch is quiet as a mouse Is it possible to transfer my fat cfw to my ofw slim cause fat has broken fan connector and fats are useless when it comes to cfw overheating and slims are just ****ing wonderful to me any help please? and not e3 downgrade just simple transfer
1: No, you cannot transfer a Cfw to another Ps3.

2: The original Nand based (Phat) PS3 consoles are prone to overheating, this is a Sony fault due to cheap solder used on the mainboard, similar to the RROD with Xbox 360 consoles, the Nor based Phat consoles are just as reliable as the slim consoles, the 80gb CECHL or the 40gb CECHJ are outstanding machines, personal preference, these 2 models will out last majority of the slim consoles.

CoreyModzDEX

Veteran
Reaction score
Mate I replace my thermal paste on my pc's so I would know how to do it on ps3 and my phat is CECHL03 witch runs at 85 C on 50% fan before fan broke and I had CECHJ03 witch I used for spare parts so I ended up purchasing slim today and it runs like a charm I'm just gonna stick to ofw then till next month and get cables soldered by a good friend of mine and some fresh ihs but barely care tbh modding is getting boring of 4 years now so moving to next gen anyways thanks for your help guys

zommer0532

Veteran
Reaction score
1: No, you cannot transfer a Cfw to another Ps3.

2: The original Nand based (Phat) PS3 consoles are prone to overheating, this is a Sony fault due to cheap solder used on the mainboard, similar to the RROD with Xbox 360 consoles, the Nor based Phat consoles are just as reliable as the slim consoles, the 80gb CECHL or the 40gb CECHJ are outstanding machines, personal preference, these 2 models will out last majority of the slim consoles.
my ps3 is a Phat and has been jailbroken since 2009. no replacements nothing. it gets too ~74 degrees which isnt bad at all.

DF_AUS

Staff member
Head Staff Team
Donator
Reaction score
Mate I replace my thermal paste on my pc's so I would know how to do it on ps3 and my phat is CECHL03 witch runs at 85 C on 50% fan before fan broke and I had CECHJ03 witch I used for spare parts so I ended up purchasing slim today and it runs like a charm I'm just gonna stick to ofw then till next month and get cables soldered by a good friend of mine and some fresh ihs but barely care tbh modding is getting boring of 4 years now so moving to next gen anyways thanks for your help guys

Replacing the thermal compound will not fix overheating issues,maybe temporarily in some cases, it is recommended to apply new thermal compound before overheating starts to occur, majority of the time when Ps3/Xbox 360 consoles overheat they require a reball, which is replacing the solder, same as the hair dryer solution that people tend to use, these are NOT permanent fixes.

Question answered:

CoreyModzDEX

Veteran
Reaction score
Well that's bad cause I have 44% fan on my slim cfw no thermal replacement on 46 C on xmb haha 49 C in-game haha