Tutorial GSC Memory Space for larger menus (PS3 only)

S

SeriousHD-

So, you have coded your first menu and the copy and paste has left you with a menu over 500KB! Wow! Great job so far, but dont forget that GSC has a file limit :O.
Well darn, there goes your perfect menu for release! Guess it will have to stay an XBox menu... Oh well.
But wait! Billy Mays here with a brand new product for you!

So you are going to need to know how to write an injector, if not, go learn somewhere then come back.
Alright, so you either did not read that last sentence, ignored it, cant understand English, or you know how to write an injector. Perfect.

So the only thing i need to say is that this will add a couple lines of code to your normal injector, that being a way to clear previous memory.
Read your file into a byte array called "bytes", and insert the following into your injection process (C#)
Code:
uint offset = 0x51000000; //
PS3.SetMemory(offset /*Optional + previous file offset for multi-injection*/, new byte[ bytes.Length ] );
Then, simply use the offset 0x51000000 to replace the previous 0x10040000 and you have upgraded your free space to around roughly 7.5MB.
Now you may be asking yourself, what if my GSC gets that big?
Dont worry! It is physically impossible for you to manage to do that! So dont worry, your GSC c+p is now protected by unlimited memory!

Alright, hopefully this helps anyone who has had issues with filesize for whatever reason, and to JWM, i told you so :smile:.

As always, i hope you enjoyed the cheeky stab at literally 99% of the community, and i also hope you enjoy the unlimited space!

G

Gentle

So, you have coded your first menu and the copy and paste has left you with a menu over 500KB! Wow! Great job so far, but dont forget that GSC has a file limit :O.
Well darn, there goes your perfect menu for release! Guess it will have to stay an XBox menu... Oh well.

So you are going to need to know how to write an injector, if not, go learn somewhere then come back.
Alright, so you either did not read that last sentence, ignored it, cant understand English, or you know how to write an injector. Perfect.

So the only thing i need to say is that this will add a couple lines of code to your normal injector, that being a way to clear previous memory.
Read your file into a byte array called "bytes", and insert the following into your injection process (C#)
Code:
PS3.SetMemory(offset /*Optional + previous file offset for multi-injection*/, new byte[ bytes.Length ] );
Then, simply use the offset 0x51000000 to replace the previous 0x10040000 and you have upgraded your free space to around roughly 7.5MB.
Dont worry! It is physically impossible for you to manage to do that! So dont worry, your GSC c+p is now protected by unlimited memory!

Alright, hopefully this helps anyone who has had issues with filesize for whatever reason, and to JWM, i told you so :grinning:.

As always, i hope you enjoyed the cheeky stab at literally 99% of the community, and i also hope you enjoy the unlimited space!
Wait if they have a C+P menu they have no idea what any of this means.

MyMom

Reaction score

Code:

Alright, hopefully this helps anyone who has had issues with filesize for whatever reason, and to JWM, i told you so :grinning:.

Another useless post considering this was released way before you posted this