Tutorial How to Jailbreak a PS3 Console.

Lucifer

Veteran
Reaction score
Hey CCM users
Today I will show you how to jailbreak a ps3.
Things you will need
  • 3.55 firmware ps3
  • e3 flasher (if ps3 not on 3.55,also,you would need to check with the Minim Firmware checker file if you're Ps3 can be downgraded to 3.55 or below,if not,downgrade will most likely result in a brick if you're console was unable to be downgraded to 3.55 or below)
  • a computer
  • usb drive
  • micro sd (make sure the sd and usb are formatted to FAT32)
Check to see if your ps3 is downgrade able.
Types that can be jailbroken
  • Fat Ps3 - Nand based Fat consoles require the ProgSkeet hardware flasher whilst Nor based consoles require the E3Flasher.
  • Slim Ps3 - all CECH3**** based Slim consoles cannot be downgraded at all.

Here is a chart to assist you through defining you're Ps3's model and downgrade information regarding different model Ps3's.
Slim Models:

ps3slim_serialnumber-gif.574

Fat Models:

ps3_serialnumber-gif.575

Downgradable Models:

fouou-png.576

z5_mb5-png.577

m5_bav-png.578

Sorry Super Slim Users super slims can not be jailbroken.
Follow Video Tutorial Below

Setup
Downgrade

What You Will Need
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

A USB Flash Drive
PS3
PC
WinRar

Instructions:
Step 1: Download the MinVerChk.rar (from the link provided above) and extract the .pup file using WinRar.
Step 2: Put the PS3UPDAT.PUP onto the USB Flash Drive in the PS3/UPDATE/ folder.
Step 3: Power on your PS3 and navigate to the "System Update" option in the settings
Step 4: Choose "Update Via Media Storage"
Step 5: Let the PS3 search for the update, once it's found it it will ask you if you'd like to run it. Hit "OK"
Step 6: It should only take a few seconds, a message will pop up telling you what the lowest version firmware your PS3 can use!
Step 5: Congratulations! You're done!

If There is any problems Just leave a reply on the thread or pm me I will be glad to help you out.[/spoiler]

Last edited:

DF_AUS

Staff member
Head Staff Team
Donator
Reaction score
Good thread Lucifer,i edited parts of the thread with brief info regarding Nand and Nor based consoles + added a chart to the thread :smile:

-Stickied

Gentle_Harry

Reaction score
Didn't really include the 'How to' part, kinda skipped it with a video, but any who, nice thread despite.

DF_AUS

Staff member
Head Staff Team
Donator
Reaction score
@Gentle_Harry :/ the tutorial was relatively straight forward,the downgrade process of a Nor based Slim console was explained quite well?

@Lucifer Great to hear,you might want to add the minim firmware checker to the thread and also possibly add a Nand based tutorial/video also :smile:

Lucifer

Veteran
Reaction score
@Gentle_Harry :/ the tutorial was relatively straight forward,the downgrade process of a Nor based Slim console was explained quite well?

@Lucifer Great to hear,you might want to add the minim firmware checker to the thread and also possibly add a Nand based tutorial/video also :grinning:
Thread has been updated added in the nand based video tut and firmware checker

CabCon

Head Administrator
Staff member
Head Staff Team
Reaction score
Really good job! :wink: That was really needed! :smile: xD

Due cloudflare we can't see the pictures, you should fix that! :smile:
a1e31d4f55094b40b67f1907fb216026.jpeg

CabCon

Head Administrator
Staff member
Head Staff Team
Reaction score
I think it might just be you Cabcon I am able to see them on my computer but I will take a look into it :grinning:
Yeah now I can see them too. :smile: When I did the screenshot the website ran a cloudflare ddos protection screen (the 5 second wait screen xD) :smile: So if they turn it on you can't see the images :smile: But it's fine thank you! :smile: