No "Mods" entry in Main Menu - BO PC

3xcalibur

Reaction score
Running Black Ops 1 on Windows 10 Pro x64

I'm a bit stumped: I'm not seeing a "Mods" entry on the Main Menu.
I've tried installing the newest SKIDROW update, uninstalled BO and reinstalled from scratch, installed T5 Offline Client, tried ItsMod, and all of which have prevailed to no luck in bringing back this "Mods" menu entry.

I have googled this issue, but haven't found anything regarding this.
I'll be willing to share any details, screenshots, etc. but I'm not at my PC as of the time I am posting this.

Thanks for your time

3xcalibur

Reaction score
Hey! :smile: I believe I have already tried that, but still no luck. But I will definitely verify that tomorrow. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

3xcalibur

Reaction score
So I did look at my Black Ops folder, I had already made a folder called "Mods". I changed it to "mods", yet the main menu is still the same. Even singleplayer zombies has no entry for Mods. If it helps, I have all DLCs installed as well. Am I missing an obvious parameter, perhaps in the config file?
Again, thanks!

3xcalibur

Reaction score
No it has a couple of mods such as EnCoRe and a killstreak mod. Maybe I installed them incorrectly?

CabCon

Head Administrator
Staff member
Head Staff Team
Reaction score
Which version of Call of Duty: Black Ops are you running? :smile:

Do you use steam?

3xcalibur

Reaction score
Which version of Call of Duty: Black Ops are you running? :smile:

Do you use steam?
I do use steam, although I had to download BO via torrent because I don't have internet at home.

The stock BO binaries will not launch, giving me an error "Game version not supported" due to installing T5 Client and BO Update 1 from SKIDROW.

bgT5 Multiplayer Client version shows: 7.0.164

crashbot

Known Member
Reaction score
I would suggest looking up fitgirl repack and downloading the bo1 from there I've had it for a couple years now works flawlessly already comes with BG gamer and all DLC cheers

3xcalibur

Reaction score
Installed FitGirl Repack and everything is working great! And of course the most important part...

Mods entry is showing

Thanks for your help!

AdrX003

Veteran
Reaction score
Running Black Ops 1 on Windows 10 Pro x64
I'm a bit stumped: I'm not seeing a "Mods" entry on the Main Menu.
I've tried installing the newest SKIDROW update, uninstalled BO and reinstalled from scratch, installed T5 Offline Client, tried ItsMod, and all of which have prevailed to no luck in bringing back this "Mods" menu entry.

I have googled this issue, but haven't found anything regarding this.
I'll be willing to share any details, screenshots, etc. but I'm not at my PC as of the time I am posting this.

Thanks for your time
as @crashbot and @CabCon said, you will need to have the either FitGirl or Steam version.

To play offline with mods (the option on the TV menu):
apply the LinkerMod, then BGamer package.
start BGamer, set what u want there like player name (IP is usually the default, unless the patcher is saying something else in his page now, ill have to check this, but atm is 127.0.0.1 and runs fine)
turn on the Hostmode
start the game via the BAT file in the game root (from linker mod files)