Answered No More Copy & Pasting Mod Menus

Supreme Host

Reaction score
I Really Want To Learn More About Gsc And Not Copy And Paste Anymore I Want To Be Able To Make My Own Codes But Everything I Look At There All Telling Me The Same Thing I Just Dont Understand Where you Get The Codes For Example The a Care Package. Basically I Just Want To Go From Copy And Pasting To Making My Own Codes.

Thanks In Advanced :smile:

TripzyLuna

Veteran
Reaction score
I Really Want To Learn More About Gsc And Not Copy And Paste Anymore I Want To Be Able To Make My Own Codes But Everything I Look At There All Telling Me The Same Thing I Just Dont Understand Where you Get The Codes For Example The a Care Package. Basically I Just Want To Go From Copy And Pasting To Making My Own Codes.

Thanks In Advanced :smile:
For in-game script functions such as care packages etc you need to research the gsc dumps, you can find them anywhere with a quick search of 'Black Ops 2 gsc dump'; you will see all of the game files that are already decompiled for education purposes!

Maybe someone can help you from the site to find them, I'm not too sure what I can post etc.

Supreme Host

Reaction score
For in-game script functions such as care packages etc you need to research the gsc dumps, you can find them anywhere with a quick search of 'Black Ops 2 gsc dump'; you will see all of the game files that are already decompiled for education purposes!

Maybe someone can help you from the site to find them, I'm not too sure what I can post etc.

But How Do I Know That It Is Carepackage Like It Doesnt Have The Code And Then = Care package So How Do I Know ??

DF_AUS

Staff member
Head Staff Team
Donator
Reaction score
But How Do I Know That It Is Carepackage Like It Doesnt Have The Code And Then = Care package So How Do I Know ??
Look for the model names, so the model name for the standard care package is " t6_wpn_supply_drop_ally ".

As for wanting to learn yourself, that is a good move :y: but i would say no one is going to teach you the language, best advise is to start small yourself, look at other menu sources that have been publicly released by the developer ( not decompiled sources), start with spawning models, toggles, hud editing and so forth, build up a general knowledge of how simple elements work, then eventually set goals for yourself to improve your capabilities.

By all means, if you encounter issues feel free to post a help thread, but no one is going to teach you everything with understanding the language.

swoon

Entrepreneur
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I may personally recommend, I'd start learning C# rather than GSC. With C# you can do more and apply it to life skills. Plus it's easy to decompile, and there are loads of open sources out there for you to start learning on. Plus it's more applicable and you can learn more coding languages from that. I'm glad you chose to learn for yourself rather than C+Ping, but I'd recommend you learn a language that's actually useful, and can get you somewhere in life while you can still mod games with it. No one is gonna teach you the language step by step, however, there's plenty of online resources that you can use, such as ebooks, forums, and loads of videos. Something you should look into! Anyways, best of luck.

UnsignedGlitch

#C?
Donator
Reaction score
If I may personally recommend, I'd start learning C# rather than GSC. With C# you can do more and apply it to life skills. Plus it's easy to decompile, and there are loads of open sources out there for you to start learning on. Plus it's more applicable and you can learn more coding languages from that. I'm glad you chose to learn for yourself rather than C+Ping, but I'd recommend you learn a language that's actually useful, and can get you somewhere in life while you can still mod games with it. No one is gonna teach you the language step by step, however, there's plenty of online resources that you can use, such as ebooks, forums, and loads of videos. Something you should look into! Anyways, best of luck.
Well said Starh!

Supreme Host

Reaction score
Thanks Man Yeah I Have Already Started Learning C++ But I Really Like Modding Games Like Bo2 But There Is No Way For Me To Improve As Of Now I Am Still Looking But I Know That c++ And Gsc Are Close Enough To Each Other So Hopefully I Can Learn A Bit Thanks Man

candy

G59 Terrorist
Staff member
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks Man Yeah I Have Already Started Learning C++ But I Really Like Modding Games Like Bo2 But There Is No Way For Me To Improve As Of Now I Am Still Looking But I Know That c++ And Gsc Are Close Enough To Each Other So Hopefully I Can Learn A Bit Thanks Man
I would take into count what DF_AUS said if you're wanting to improve.

Take some sources, look at the functions and break them down to try and understand how they work.
Or maybe have a look through this Black Ops II scripts and answered script questions.

swoon

Entrepreneur
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everyone wants to start with c++, even though its one of the hardest languages since there's so much to know. If start with C#, there's a good reason why a lot of people code in C# that's because it's easy and it's a good beginners language.

Supreme Host

Reaction score
Everyone wants to start with c++, even though its one of the hardest languages since there's so much to know. If start with C#, there's a good reason why a lot of people code in C# that's because it's easy and it's a good beginners language.
Ok Thanks Man I Might Take A Break From C++ And Try C# And I Dont Find C++ That Hard But Honestly Thinking About It Now Its Not Really That Use Full Either But With C# You Can Program And Stuff I Wanted C++ So I Could Make Sprx But I Think Im Gonna Just Kinda Practice My GSC Alot And Kinda Leave PS3 Modding For A While And Work On My Coding

Sorry About The Paragraph Thanks If You Accually Read It hahah

Supreme Host

Reaction score
I would take into count what DF_AUS said if you're wanting to improve.

Take some sources, look at the functions and break them down to try and understand how they work.
Or maybe have a look through this Black Ops II scripts and answered script questions.
How Do You Know What All The Stuff In The Dump Does Or How To Use It ??

swoon

Entrepreneur
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok Thanks Man I Might Take A Break From C++ And Try C# And I Dont Find C++ That Hard But Honestly Thinking About It Now Its Not Really That Use Full Either But With C# You Can Program And Stuff I Wanted C++ So I Could Make Sprx But I Think Im Gonna Just Kinda Practice My GSC Alot And Kinda Leave PS3 Modding For A While And Work On My Coding

Sorry About The Paragraph Thanks If You Accually Read It hahah
Eh? Are you joking right? C++ is one of the most useful languages. The reason why I stated starting with C# is that it's easy to learn and can get you places. C++ is a huge language for software developers as well, and companies look for C++ developers. You're better off starting to make an RTM, than an SPRX, because quite frankly SPRX's are a lot of work due to menu drawings, ESP drawings, no spread, and autowall. If you're not an all advance coder, which obviously you aren't, I'd start with RTM's and move on from there.

Supreme Host

Reaction score
Eh? Are you joking right? C++ is one of the most useful languages. The reason why I stated starting with C# is that it's easy to learn and can get you places. C++ is a huge language for software developers as well, and companies look for C++ developers. You're better off starting to make an RTM, than an SPRX, because quite frankly SPRX's are a lot of work due to menu drawings, ESP drawings, no spread, and autowall. If you're not an all advance coder, which obviously you aren't, I'd start with RTM's and move on from there.
Ok Thanks For The Information Im Going To Stop With C++ And Do C# For A While :smile:

The Dark Side

Former Staff Member
Reaction score
What is this? A thread NOT full of people arguing with each other and actually giving legitimate advice over a topic of C&P?

Oh how we've come far. If you wanna mod the game or any game for that matter, it's fine to look at other sources for help. Figure out what makes a function... function. How does it work? How can you optimize it to make it shorter or better?

I agree with Starh as learning C# is one of the easier languages out there.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

As for video games (In this case Bo2)... Simply just don't copy and paste codes. You can always look at the raw dump here. I also commented on that with a more updated one that has all the .CSC files as well if you want them. Lemme know if you need any help. Both me and the rest of the staff are here for ya. :smile:

DF_AUS

Staff member
Head Staff Team
Donator
Reaction score
What is this? A thread NOT full of people arguing with each other and actually giving legitimate advice over a topic of C&P?

Oh how we've come far. If you wanna mod the game or any game for that matter, it's fine to look at other sources for help. Figure out what makes a function... function. How does it work? How can you optimize it to make it shorter or better?

I agree with Starh as learning C# is one of the easier languages out there.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

As for video games (In this case Bo2)... Simply just don't copy and paste codes. You can always look at the raw dump here. I also commented on that with a more updated one that has all the .CSC files as well if you want them. Lemme know if you need any help. Both me and the rest of the staff are here for ya. :smile:
KlEO_ghhTS2ild2AhZPUKA.png

Supreme Host

Reaction score

But Even When I Look Through The Dumps I Cant Understand Like When I Look At A Code How Am I Suposed To Understand What It Means

FreakinKaT

Reaction score
I see it’s already been answered hindered times but the reason EVERYONE who knows how had to learn exactly the same way. No one helped us, but there’s a reason why the simple awnsers get the harshest responses sometimes and it’s also simple and just realizing That the exact same question your asking people to give you the answer you could have just as easily gone to google/bing/DuckDuckGo go/ ect... all those search engines typed in your question and gotten millions of millions of answers, but I don’t say that to be rude or mean I swear this to you, I say this because learning to mod, is the same effort your gonna have to put if you want to learn HTML,JS,Hex,C#,C,Perl,Ruby [insert language here]. The best thing you can do for yourself is to start ground zero, don’t even worry about a language just follow the alphabet if anything so find one with A (assembly) start there, google and YouTube are pretty much going to be your best friend... sometimes...most of the time when their not doing shadyness, anyways key things to remember
1.Whats the best way to ask your question that will produce the best possible answer! (If it sounds off or doesn’t feel like it’s on track to an answer, ask the question differently or reword) this is golden, you have no idea how much you can truely learn for free from the internet it’s out of control, I love it! Practice that I promise that it makes a huge difference, where some people take 2hours to find something or figure it out I already done had answer 2minutes after I saw the question.
2. People will help you if the question cannot simply be answered by bot, search engines or is something situational, no ones perfect but an interesting question that only someone who has been in the situation might have the answer or be able to point you in the direction to whatever it is, worst case just pretend your grinding in game, the repetitive boring hassle that takes hours days or weeks? Never know.
3.you have to learn yourself because how else are you going to understand what your doing if you don’t know what your doing? I could say yeah check the .dlls files or check .bat then pop open an hex editor find the variables that link with health and ammo and ur done. (Just examples lol, I just jumbled stuff for that example) but I’m sure you might see .dll .bat or hex editor? Variables? But if you hope into YouTube and tap that search bar an ask what’s a hex editor then hit enter your gonna know exactly what a hex editor is most likely from the first video lol. But I apologize for the long post but, I hear these questions every now and then, pretty much I’m shocked the community’s soo cool here there’s a lot of sites that would have not been very nice and never give a reason or explanation why. But I say this mainly because well I feel I’m somewhat on point for this subject and it’s applicable to a bunch of stuff. XD
But lastly!!! Biggest thing!
Once you pick one to learn, DO NOT JUST GIVE UP OR GET BORED! If you don’t have patients, or expect instant results? No not at the beginner level sorry 1day 2weeks don’t expect to just run around rewriting script like a boss, it’s a bummer to hear for some but if you can’t manage the time or effort I’m afraid that want of yours will not happen without the work and patients and frustration! BUT!!! IF! you do stick it out, hang in there and reach the end the payout and end results are pretty intense! Plus you can turn that skill into a paying job down the line making your own games or whatever! Heck that’s pretty awesome in my books, just sayin. Already y’all peace out