Premium Member
Reaction score
This tutorial is for people who:
  • Are new to modding
  • Contemplating a CFW
  • Have no clue what I'm talking about
First off, let's start with the basic Q&A:
  1. Can I mod online without a jailbreak? No
  2. Can someone infect me online? No. However, a person with a CFW can login into your account and mod it
  3. I found this awesome video on TubeYou.net by 'BO2_Cheat-RealXXXModder69OFW on CFW' and he has a USB mod menu?! No he doesn't.
Ok. Let's get into some basic terminology:

CFW - Custom Firmware. Customised firmware which isn't sonys real one (A jailbreak or cobra ode)

GSC (You'll see this on this forum a lot) - GameSCript. This is a file in the game files which you change to get a mod menu/gamemode/mods.

That's all you need to know.
Ok, so if you've now got a jailbreak, let's start off.

CEX Modding: there isn't a lot of different things you can do on CEX as far as SPRX, however GSC and EBOOT modding is a lot better. I recommend using:
Rebug 4.70.1 REX and using Rebug toolbox to make sure your on CEX.

DEX Modding: DEX is by far the best, but you DO NOT get access to CCAPI (DEX/DEX consoles, DEX/CEX consoles do, but no access to all SPRX) I recommend this if you want a non-host mod menu or just chill in a lobby with TMAPI.

So now we have our DEX/CEX console. We need to get online. I recommend this EBOOT thread:

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

So the rest is easy. If your on CEX, install CCAPI (Google it). If your on DEX, please google a YouTube video on sharing and connecting.

I will start updating this thread with the following:
  • Tools
  • Menus
  • EBOOTS
  • SPRX
  • Updates
  • Tutorials
Every week on a Thursday.

Just wait till then and leave anything you'd like me to address down below.

Thanks

Credits:
  • Jewels (EBOOT Thread)
  • Me (Take a guess)
  • CabCon (for nothing)
  • oCMK_4_Cock (I hate this skid)
  • You (for nothing again)

Thanks

thahitcrew

Modder
Reaction score
This tutorial is for people who:
  • Are new to modding
  • Contemplating a CFW
  • Have no clue what I'm talking about
First off, let's start with the basic Q&A:
  1. Can I mod online without a jailbreak? No
  2. Can someone infect me online? No. However, a person with a CFW can login into your account and mod it
  3. I found this awesome video on TubeYou.net by 'BO2_Cheat-RealXXXModder69OFW on CFW' and he has a USB mod menu?! No he doesn't.
Ok. Let's get into some basic terminology:

CFW - Custom Firmware. Customised firmware which isn't sonys real one (A jailbreak or cobra ode)

GSC (You'll see this on this forum a lot) - GameSCript. This is a file in the game files which you change to get a mod menu/gamemode/mods.

That's all you need to know.
Ok, so if you've now got a jailbreak, let's start off.

CEX Modding: there isn't a lot of different things you can do on CEX as far as SPRX, however GSC and EBOOT modding is a lot better. I recommend using:
Rebug 4.70.1 REX and using Rebug toolbox to make sure your on CEX.

DEX Modding: DEX is by far the best, but you DO NOT get access to CCAPI (DEX/DEX consoles, DEX/CEX consoles do, but no access to all SPRX) I recommend this if you want a non-host mod menu or just chill in a lobby with TMAPI.

So now we have our DEX/CEX console. We need to get online. I recommend this EBOOT thread:

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

So the rest is easy. If your on CEX, install CCAPI (Google it). If your on DEX, please google a YouTube video on sharing and connecting.

I will start updating this thread with the following:
  • Tools
  • Menus
  • EBOOTS
  • SPRX
  • Updates
  • Tutorials
Every week on a Thursday.

Just wait till then and leave anything you'd like me to address down below.

Thanks

Credits:
  • Jewels (EBOOT Thread)
  • Me (Take a guess)
  • CabCon (for nothing)
  • oCMK_4_Cock (I hate this skid)
  • You (for nothing again)

Thanks
Nice thread, i'm sure a few noobs will find it usefull :smile: