Premium Member
Reaction score
This tutorial is for people who:
  • Are new to modding
  • Contemplating a CFW
  • Have no clue what I'm talking about
First off, let's start with the basic Q&A:
  1. Can I mod online without a jailbreak? No
  2. Can someone infect me online? No. However, a person with a CFW can login into your account and mod it
  3. I found this awesome video on TubeYou.net by 'BO2_Cheat-RealXXXModder69OFW on CFW' and he has a USB mod menu?! No he doesn't.
Ok. Let's get into some basic terminology:

CFW - Custom Firmware. Customised firmware which isn't sonys real one (A jailbreak or cobra ode)

GSC (You'll see this on this forum a lot) - GameSCript. This is a file in the game files which you change to get a mod menu/gamemode/mods.

That's all you need to know.
Ok, so if you've now got a jailbreak, let's start off.

CEX Modding: there isn't a lot of different things you can do on CEX as far as SPRX, however GSC and EBOOT modding is a lot better. I recommend using:
Rebug 4.70.1 REX and using Rebug toolbox to make sure your on CEX.

DEX Modding: DEX is by far the best, but you DO NOT get access to CCAPI (DEX/DEX consoles, DEX/CEX consoles do, but no access to all SPRX) I recommend this if you want a non-host mod menu or just chill in a lobby with TMAPI.

So now we have our DEX/CEX console. We need to get online. I recommend this EBOOT thread:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

So the rest is easy. If your on CEX, install CCAPI (Google it). If your on DEX, please google a YouTube video on sharing and connecting.

I will start updating this thread with the following:
  • Tools
  • Menus
  • EBOOTS
  • SPRX
  • Updates
  • Tutorials
Every week on a Thursday.

Just wait till then and leave anything you'd like me to address down below.

Thanks

Credits:
  • Jewels (EBOOT Thread)
  • Me (Take a guess)
  • CabCon (for nothing)
  • oCMK_4_Cock (I hate this skid)
  • You (for nothing again)

Thanks

thahitcrew

Modder
Reaction score
This tutorial is for people who:
  • Are new to modding
  • Contemplating a CFW
  • Have no clue what I'm talking about
First off, let's start with the basic Q&A:
  1. Can I mod online without a jailbreak? No
  2. Can someone infect me online? No. However, a person with a CFW can login into your account and mod it
  3. I found this awesome video on TubeYou.net by 'BO2_Cheat-RealXXXModder69OFW on CFW' and he has a USB mod menu?! No he doesn't.
Ok. Let's get into some basic terminology:

CFW - Custom Firmware. Customised firmware which isn't sonys real one (A jailbreak or cobra ode)

GSC (You'll see this on this forum a lot) - GameSCript. This is a file in the game files which you change to get a mod menu/gamemode/mods.

That's all you need to know.
Ok, so if you've now got a jailbreak, let's start off.

CEX Modding: there isn't a lot of different things you can do on CEX as far as SPRX, however GSC and EBOOT modding is a lot better. I recommend using:
Rebug 4.70.1 REX and using Rebug toolbox to make sure your on CEX.

DEX Modding: DEX is by far the best, but you DO NOT get access to CCAPI (DEX/DEX consoles, DEX/CEX consoles do, but no access to all SPRX) I recommend this if you want a non-host mod menu or just chill in a lobby with TMAPI.

So now we have our DEX/CEX console. We need to get online. I recommend this EBOOT thread:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

So the rest is easy. If your on CEX, install CCAPI (Google it). If your on DEX, please google a YouTube video on sharing and connecting.

I will start updating this thread with the following:
  • Tools
  • Menus
  • EBOOTS
  • SPRX
  • Updates
  • Tutorials
Every week on a Thursday.

Just wait till then and leave anything you'd like me to address down below.

Thanks

Credits:
  • Jewels (EBOOT Thread)
  • Me (Take a guess)
  • CabCon (for nothing)
  • oCMK_4_Cock (I hate this skid)
  • You (for nothing again)

Thanks
Nice thread, i'm sure a few noobs will find it usefull :smile: