Answered Rebug 4.82.1 Update Problem

JG420

Veteran
Reaction score
Hey there CabConModding crew! I got a quick question today.

I saw that there's a Rebug update from 4.81.2 to 4.82.1 on their official site.
I grabbed the updat.pup file and tried to install over-top of Rebug 4.81.2 and I'm getting the"download corrupt" error.

I'm running Rebug 4.81.2 DEX with Cobra 7.53 (i think) Rebug Tool 2.02.15 with QA Toggle Enabled.

What am I doing wrong?!?

DF_AUS

Staff member
Head Staff Team
Donator
Reaction score
Thread moved to correct section:

# Are you certain you have downloaded the update file correctly on your PC?

# The update file should be named to " PS3UPDAT.PUP "

# Are you placing the update file on a Fat32 usb storage device in this folder structure:
PS3 /UPDATE /PS3UPDAT.PUP

JG420

Veteran
Reaction score
Thread moved to correct section:

# Are you certain you have downloaded the update file correctly on your PC?

# The update file should be named to " PS3UPDAT.PUP "

# Are you placing the update file on a Fat32 usb storage device in this folder structure:
PS3 /UPDATE /PS3UPDAT.PUP

Sorry for wrong section.

Yes I got the proper PS3UPDAT.PUP from the official rebug.me website. I clean formatted an 8gb usb to fat32. I created a folder called PS3, inside that I created a folder called UPDATE, inside that I placed the UPDAT.PUP file.
Put the usb stick into the FAR RIGHT usb port closest to the disc drive on the ps3. went to System Update. Chose Update From Storage Device...And thats when the error came in.

I'm at a loss.

DF_AUS

Staff member
Head Staff Team
Donator
Reaction score
Sorry for wrong section.

Yes I got the proper PS3UPDAT.PUP from the official rebug.me website. I clean formatted an 8gb usb to fat32. I created a folder called PS3, inside that I created a folder called UPDATE, inside that I placed the UPDAT.PUP file.
Put the usb stick into the FAR RIGHT usb port closest to the disc drive on the ps3. went to System Update. Chose Update From Storage Device...And thats when the error came in.

I'm at a loss.
Out of curiosity, have you tried downgrading back to 3.55 DEX then updating again?

JG420

Veteran
Reaction score
I have not tried a downgrade first. I was thinking about that actually. I'll give that shot!

DF_AUS

Staff member
Head Staff Team
Donator
Reaction score
I have not tried a downgrade first. I was thinking about that actually. I'll give that shot!
No worries :y: report back when you are done with the outcome :smile:

JG420

Veteran
Reaction score
Sorry forgot to report back!
Downgrade back to an upgrade was successful! I'm back in business! Thanks DF_AUS for the helpn

DF_AUS

Staff member
Head Staff Team
Donator
Reaction score
Sorry forgot to report back!
Downgrade back to an upgrade was successful! I'm back in business! Thanks DF_AUS for the helpn
No worries, if you have any other concerns feel free to create another help thread in the appropriate section :smile:

Question answered:

WeeDKiLL420

Veteran
Reaction score
He wouldn't had to do a downgrade if he made sure he had the correct settings set properly to upgrade. First step i would have recommended is to make sure you go into (Sen Enabler) Spoofer first and always disable PSN access before upgrading or performing a downgrade and everything is set back to default in Rebug Toolbox as joonie stated to perform a proper upgrade or a downgrade.!! you need to turn off everything in the Rebug Toolbox...set everything back to default ... meaning turn off Cobra Mode...set debug menu to CEX if you had it on DEX ... set Rebug Mode to Normal and not Rebug ..if you changed it and Webman off as well. Then you would have been able to perform the upgrade using 4.82.1 CEX Firmware then convert to DEX later if you want. If your system was QA Toggled in Rebug Toolbox that needs to stay on.! i would also prefer to set everything back to default in debug settings as well to see if that helps. Next Time Try these precautions or you could have ****ed up your system meaning most likely your Spoofer would been that cause.!

Last edited:

WeeDKiLL420

Veteran
Reaction score
I know he already got it fixed. but i didnt know if you knew any of that either DF_AUS so i thought just share that info with you guys if ya'll decided to downgrade or upgrade again. :smile:

Freefall

Reaction score
I too am trying to update from Rebug 4.81 to 4.82, I know how to update via storage, but the system never finds the PS3UPDAT.PUP file which sits on a FAT32 formatted USB stick /PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP all I even get is "No Application update data was found" USB ports work (controller works with them and tested voltage with a tool), so not sure why this is. Anyone have a similar experience or solution?

DF_AUS

Staff member
Head Staff Team
Donator
Reaction score
I too am trying to update from Rebug 4.81 to 4.82, I know how to update via storage, but the system never finds the PS3UPDAT.PUP file which sits on a FAT32 formatted USB stick /PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP all I even get is "No Application update data was found" USB ports work (controller works with them and tested voltage with a tool), so not sure why this is. Anyone have a similar experience or solution?

Out of curiosity, have you tried downgrading back to 3.55 DEX then updating again?

Freefall

Reaction score
That seems a little extreme to achieve my goal doesn't it? Though to be fair, if I get frustrated enough, I may go that route. My problem is, I'm somewhat new to this whole thing and I fear bricking or messing things up as it were. My understanding is limited here, so I'm still learning as I go.

DF_AUS

Staff member
Head Staff Team
Donator
Reaction score
That seems a little extreme to achieve my goal doesn't it? Though to be fair, if I get frustrated enough, I may go that route. My problem is, I'm somewhat new to this whole thing and I fear bricking or messing things up as it were. My understanding is limited here, so I'm still learning as I go.

How is it extreme?

I am referring to using the PUP downgrader for cfws, not the hardware flasher method.

Galvinski2403

Reaction score
Need some help guys...I have been modding since rebug 4.65 dex and I’m now having the same problem these guys are having...I have QA toggled,have PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP on a fat 32 USB in the right USB port and get the same error message even when trying to downgrade to 3.55

Galvinski2403

Reaction score
And can someone please send me a valid link to the rebug 3.55 downgrader I searched it up through the mirror link off rebug and it’s now saying it doesn’t exist

DF_AUS

Staff member
Head Staff Team
Donator
Reaction score
Need some help guys...I have been modding since rebug 4.65 dex and I’m now having the same problem these guys are having...I have QA toggled,have PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP on a fat 32 USB in the right USB port and get the same error message even when trying to downgrade to 3.55

Please create a new thread rather than bumping old ones for future references :y:

If you are currently running DEX you need to use the DEX 3.55 downgrader, otherwise you will encounter errors.
Also, try to downgrade from the recovery menu rather than through the settings menu on the console :y:

I am currently away on holidays, i will upload the 3.55 downgrade file that's on my laptop, if this does not work when i get home ( which will be a few more weeks ) i will reupload the DEX downgrader.

OR, if you do encounter issues with this downgrader you can flash either your NAND/NOR bin and convert back to CEX, downagrade to 3.55 using the file in the link i provided, after the 3.55 installation completes you can convert back to DEX again :y:

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Galvinski2403

Reaction score
Hey DF you won’t believe my arrogance bro....like I said I’ve been modding for years but had a massive break from it...around a year or so....it turned out to be a **** USB stick it wouldn’t accept the USB stick...the file was on it the port recognised it but wouldn’t accept it...any way long story short with the 4.83 update Sony did...I managed to fluke this somehow I’m running on the 4.82.2 cex target type with the dex lvl 2 debug....it allows me to sign in online PSN without SEN or patch and on gta5 I’m using a cex eboot and dex sprx file and everything works...not sure if I have stumbled on some sort of bug exploit in the firmware 4.83 or what but it’s working so I’ll just stick with it...I don’t play online to freeze people or be a dick so I’ll just run with it...cheers for all the help though..enjoy your holiday mate and happy new year to everyone!

Ray424

Insane-Known Member
Reaction score
Interesting
My son accepted the 4.83 update on my system so I've lost the jb and all my paid menus now I'm stuck with a system that's banned and can't in again or change to a new cid to get online is their a way bypassing the 4.83 update to downgrade again without an e3 flasher
Thanks guys