CabConModding Help Desk Wiki - Community Development Project

CabCon

Head Administrator
Staff member
Head Staff Team
Reaction score
Hello guys :handwaving:,
a few of you already know it. I started working on a 'Wiki' page (don't know how to call it xD) for CabConModding with functions, assets, lists and more.. :wink: Since I started working on the website with html I every time thought to create this better with php or something else to manage the site easier. I started working on it with php but it's not far and not the best way... :grinning: So I thought why not making a community project, where we guys work on it together :dab:! Here is what I did so far:

First try, the HTML version:
When I started the project I thought to just create a Black Ops 3 Asset List, if you guys are interested in it let's make more:
3a859c4410424b62a906fd029ea0ec2a.jpeg

There is a Index bar left with all asset categories. :grinning: If you click on something it will display the asset list on the main page. :grinning:

Also there is a footer with some short links:
f9d8ced4bc274855aa55e30ad2b02b0f.jpeg

That's the terrible html code (I'm sure we can do that better):
d0300e8110d74b759ec19e407902fff0.jpeg

The Problem with the html solution:
The problem with that is very simple, if I want to change something on the footer/header or somewhere else I need to change all html pages which are 109 with all asset lists... so I thought this is a quite bad way to do that :grinning: A better way would be a full php coded website with which we could easier edit the page and which got the content of the asset list dynamically from a folder where are .txt files with the assets or from a database. :grinning:

Here is the HTML source solution: html_ccm_bo3_assets_wiki.rar

Second try, the PHP version:
efc7506c96a940d8b6715af0bb577bf1.jpeg

This time it will generate the assetlist via a php code in a item.php file:

PHP:
$verzeichnis = "c/";
                                if ( is_dir ( $verzeichnis ))
                                {
                                    if ( $handle = opendir($verzeichnis) )
                                    {
                                        while (($file = readdir($handle)) !== false)
                                        {
                                            $filesarray[] = $file;
                                        }
                                        closedir($handle);
                                    }
                                }
                                sort($filesarray);

foreach($filesarray as $file)
                                {
                                    $filename = preg_replace('/\\.[^.\\s]{3,4}$/', '', $file);
                                    $displayname = substr($filename, 4);
                                    if(strpos($file, 'txt') !== false)
                                    {
                                        if($filename == $_GET['id'])
                                            echo "<li><a href='item.php?id=".$filename."'><b>".$displayname."</b></a></li>";
                                        else
                                            echo "<li><a href='item.php?id=".$filename."'>".$displayname."</a></li>";
                                    }
                                }

This way is much easier to edit but it will load the assets any time when you click on something. And I think we can do that better. :grinning:

Download the PHP source: PHP_ccm_wiki_build_2.rar

Third, how to continue?
Now, it's your turn!
:grinning: If you are a php developer, html/css designer or a simple random who want to help out in this project! Download the sources and start working on this project and update everyone with a reply to this thread! Change the design, make a new idea, share what you're thinking! We appreciate any help! :grinning:

My plan is maybe to make a php code which generates the website in html, like some content management systemes do. What do you think about that?

Let's see if we can build this site together! :grinning:

UPDATE 1

Best regards,
happy coding,
your CabCon :cabconmodding:!

(New Smiley, hehe: :dab:)

Attachments

• [html]ccm_bo3_assets_wiki.rar
    993.4 KB · Views: 445
  • [PHP]ccm_wiki_build_2.rar
    679.6 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:

iGArabZz

Reaction score
Hello guys :handwaving:,
a few of you already know it. I started working on a 'Wiki' page (don't know how to call it xD) for CabConModding with functions, assets, lists and more.. :wink: Since I started working on the website with html I every time thought to create this better with php or something else to manage the site easier. I started working on it with php but it's not far and not the best way... :grinning: So I thought why not making a community project, where we guys work on it together :dab:! Here is what I did so far:

First try, the HTML version:
When I started the project I thought to just create a Black Ops 3 Asset List, if you guys are interested in it let's make more:
3a859c4410424b62a906fd029ea0ec2a.jpeg

There is a Index bar left with all asset categories. :grinning: If you click on something it will display the asset list on the main page. :grinning:

Also there is a footer with some short links:
f9d8ced4bc274855aa55e30ad2b02b0f.jpeg

That's the terrible html code (I'm sure we can do that better):
d0300e8110d74b759ec19e407902fff0.jpeg

The Problem with the html solution:
The problem with that is very simple, if I want to change something on the footer/header or somewhere else I need to change all html pages which are 109 with all asset lists... so I thought this is a quite bad way to do that :grinning: A better way would be a full php coded website with which we could easier edit the page and which got the content of the asset list dynamically from a folder where are .txt files with the assets or from a database. :grinning:

Here is the HTML source solution: html_ccm_bo3_assets_wiki.rar

Second try, the PHP version:
efc7506c96a940d8b6715af0bb577bf1.jpeg

This time it will generate the assetlist via a php code in a item.php file:

PHP:
$verzeichnis = "c/";
                                if ( is_dir ( $verzeichnis ))
                                {
                                    if ( $handle = opendir($verzeichnis) )
                                    {
                                        while (($file = readdir($handle)) !== false)
                                        {
                                            $filesarray[] = $file;
                                        }
                                        closedir($handle);
                                    }
                                }
                                sort($filesarray);

foreach($filesarray as $file)
                                {
                                    $filename = preg_replace('/\\.[^.\\s]{3,4}$/', '', $file);
                                    $displayname = substr($filename, 4);
                                    if(strpos($file, 'txt') !== false)
                                    {
                                        if($filename == $_GET['id'])
                                            echo "<li><a href='item.php?id=".$filename."'><b>".$displayname."</b></a></li>";
                                        else
                                            echo "<li><a href='item.php?id=".$filename."'>".$displayname."</a></li>";
                                    }
                                }

This way is much easier to edit but it will load the assets any time when you click on something. And I think we can do that better. :grinning:

Download the PHP source: PHP_ccm_wiki_build_2.rar

Third, how to continue?
Now, it's your turn!
:grinning: If you are a php developer, html/css designer or a simple random who want to help out in this project! Download the sources and start working on this project and update everyone with a reply to this thread! Change the design, make a new idea, share what you're thinking! We appreciate any help! :grinning:

My plan is maybe to make a php code which generates the website in html, like some content management systemes do. What do you think about that?

Let's see if we can build this site together! :grinning:

Best regards,
happy coding,
your CabCon :cabconmodding:!

(New Smiley, hehe: :dab:)

Awesome! One question though? Have you coded this within the forum? As it has the CCM background design? You maybe done it within the control panel?

CabCon

Head Administrator
Staff member
Head Staff Team
Reaction score
Awesome! One question though? Have you coded this within the forum? As it has the CCM background design? You maybe done it within the control panel?
I built this completely by hand with the framework bootstrap and yes I rebuilt the design a little bit! It's not done due a control panel. :smile:

iGArabZz

Reaction score
I built this completely by hand with the framework bootstrap and yes I rebuilt the design a little bit! It's not done due a control panel. :grinning:

Good, you done a great job! As I wouldn't recommend coding in PHP with Xenforo as they have there own Syntax and Functions which can be hard to get grips on!

CabCon

Head Administrator
Staff member
Head Staff Team
Reaction score
Good, you done a great job! As I wouldn't recommend coding in PHP with Xenforo as they have there own Syntax and Functions which can be hard to get grips on!
Yes, I know! :smile: I want to build the site separated. :smile:

CabCon

Head Administrator
Staff member
Head Staff Team
Reaction score
~Update 1~

Hello everyone,
today I worked a little bit on the wiki site. It's now working like a CMS (Content Management System), it will generate the html code through a PHP code. :grinning: That makes the customization of the website easy and the load speed for the server and visitor better!

Here you can find the first working online version:
Black Ops 3 Wiki - CabConModding

You can download this build here: build_1.rar

What's next?
  • Create a Tool Overview. A Overview with all tools which will provide the 'wiki' page. (Currently not available)
  • Meta-Optimization. We need to optimize the meta for the website that people can find it better!
  • Design-Optimization. There are a few issues with the current design on mobiles and tablets.
  • A Site Logo, I just created really fast a 'example'-logo, if you want to help out and create one you can find the current files here: img_wikilogo.jpg Photoshop: psd-file
  • Your idea which you will write below now!

Best regards,
CabCon.

Attachments

• build_1.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 312
  • [.psd]img_wikilogo.rar
    56.5 KB · Views: 293