Release Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 BGamer IW4 LAN/Offline Client v1

Die_Rache

Developer of Black Ops offline Lan mod
Reaction score
Hello CCM,
Lately I had time to rework the offline LAN mod for Modern Warfare 2, that I made a few years ago.

Installation:
  1. You need the right Multiplayer executable (alterIWNet files should work)
  2. Download the mod files
    You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
    . (Developer support link)
  3. Copy the files to the game folder
How to play:
  1. Execute bgIW4Launcher.exe
  2. Set your nickname and the IP of host.
  3. Click the "Multiplayer" button.
  4. Ingame you have a custom menu for hosting a match, or connecting to the host you defined.
I hope everything is working. If you have a problem, feel free to contact me.

Edit:
DLC Maps are not working yet. Will update if there is a significant demand.

Attachments

• bgIW4v1.zip
    703.1 KB · Views: 2,790

CabCon

Head Administrator
Staff member
Head Staff Team
Reaction score
Hello CCM,
Lately I had time to rework the offline LAN mod for Modern Warfare 2, that I made a few years ago.

Installation:
  1. You need the right Multiplayer executable (alterIWNet files should work)
  2. Download the mod files
    . (Developer support link)
  3. Copy the files to the game folder
How to play:
  1. Execute bgIW4Launcher.exe
  2. Set your nickname and the IP of host.
  3. Click the "Multiplayer" button.
  4. Ingame you have a custom menu for hosting a match, or connecting to the host you defined.
I hope everything is working. If you have a problem, feel free to contact me.

Edit:
DLC Maps are not working yet. Will update if there is a significant demand.
Great work :smile: Thanks for sharing!

update.freak

Known Member
Reaction score
After executing the bgIW4Launcher.exe I got the message that the *.exe could not be started.
I think this happens because I have the wrong exe-file (I have the one from fitgirl Repack).
Where to download the right exe?

It would be great if you could add support for DLC maps (also the one from IW4x)
What is the advantage to this
?

bfgd46

Insane-Known Member
Reaction score
Hello @Die_Rache! It is good to see an update to bgIW4! It would be nice to have a near-vanilla client that is not bloated with custom content and maps (at least not by default). While ported maps are great, it is hard to find a sophisticated bot mod, such as RSE, that supports them all. In point form, id like to see:

1. Support for basegame + standard DLC
2. A clean UI with a few alterations:
- Console, mod menu, fov+unlockall+... similar to iw4x.​
- A way to remove custom maps from the selection list, or at least hide them behind a clickable submenu.​

Also, any suggestions for a fully supported bot mod? I Intend on playing solo offline. Does RSE work on standard DLC?

stormtroopr

Reaction score
I can't see any offline gameplay option. Like in the bgamer black ops mod, I'd select the "combat training" from the main menu and that was basically the offline gameplay. But in this mod I can't find any offline gameplay option in the multiplayer main menu. There's only the "join game" (when I click that, there are no servers showing, I've tried refreshing the list; nothing) and "create game" options. Isn't there any option to play with bots offline, like in your black ops 1 mod? I have the nosteam repack of mw2

OmarMejdi

Reaction score
could anyone share the right files and executables if he has? or share me the right link to download them from?
it's been a while since I'm trying to activate LAN mode in cod mw 2 to play with my friends but none is working. i have the game from FitGirl, and I've been in hundreds of sites but most of the links are expired, and lots have been closed recently, as xLabs for IW4X has been exterminated too, I am trying to use bgIW4, hosting and etc. but it's not working. always the same error message showing up in multiplayer "Must be Signed to Steam Online Mode to Play"... i think it's the executables that you're talking about are missing or not compatible. i couldn't find any of the AlterIW files.. i don't know why. but 2022-2023 80% of links have gone, lots of supports are terminated, and it seems impossible to play cod mw 2 LAN these days? i would be greateful if any one has the right executables for lan, any thing... alterIW.. IW4X.. any links, i need your help