Tutorial How to restore blocked downloads with chrome? - Tutorial

CabCon

Head Administrator
Staff member
Head Staff Team
Reaction score
Hello CabConModding,
In this tutorial I'm showing an option how to restore blocked downloads.
First of all our site does not contain any viruses or malware. (Feel free to scan all files manually) We are very attached to check all our files before posting them public. Unfortunately beside that sometimes members have problems with the downloads beside there are no viruses or malware at all.

Here you can read, how to restore the file and ignore the 'block':
  1. Download the file and let Chrome "block" it.
  2. After chrome displays the warning message in the download bar, click "show all downloads", or choose "downloads" from the menu, or press "ctrl+j" (on Windows at least).
  3. The file will be in the download list. Click "recover malicious file". Then it will get that file.

This is the best way in my opinion, because you can keep your security settings but still make a decision about an individual file, which is generally the safer way to go instead of disabling the protection completely just for one or two files.

Last edited:

Harry

Certified Sick ℂunt
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello CabConModding,
In this tutorial I'm showing an option how to restore blocked downloads. First of all our site does not contain any viruses or maleware, anyways some people have problems with the download. Here you can read, how to restore the file and ignore the 'block':
  2. After chrome displays the warning message in the download bar, click "show all downloads", or choose "downloads" from the menu, or press "ctrl+j" (on Windows at least).
  3. The file will be in the download list. Click "recover malicious file". Then it will get that file.

This is the best way in my opinion, because you can keep your security settings but still make a decision about an individual file, which is generally the safer way to go instead of disabling the protection completely just for one or two files.
I think most people already knew this, but still :grinning:

Noodles

Veteran
Reaction score
Hello CabConModding,
In this tutorial I'm showing an option how to restore blocked downloads. First of all our site does not contain any viruses or maleware, anyways some people have problems with the download. Here you can read, how to restore the file and ignore the 'block':

Nice post!

SCP

Staff member
Donator
Reaction score
where is the "recover malicious file" button
Go to your chrome downloads (direct: chrome://downloads/):
f09784910365488f82437eebb26b4a77.jpeg