Release Redacted Online/Offline Client (With fix for Windows 10)

Slander

Redacted T6 Moderator
Reaction score
Alright thanks, that helps clear things up a bit. This may be outside the scope of this thread but could you give me a quick rundown of what the differences are between the different versions of Redacted?

So far I've seen this one, the Nightly and Developer LAN clients also here, and the version from mid 2017 on the redacted.se site. They all seem to have different modification dates and pretty drastic differences in file sizes but I can't find a readme in most of them or a general faq of what any do in particular or what makes them different. There are a few youtube videos but they are mostly unhelpful or from a time when the scope of the redacted project seems to have been different.

I tried looking through the threads of both the Nightly and Developer LAN versions here, but its mostly people just asking general support questions. Again I used the Bgamer LAN client for Black Ops 1 for offline combat training and zombies mode and am hoping this is at least somewhat similar. When you mention ported weapons does this add a bunch of guns from other games/modes to the game? Is this something I can disable or is it just built into the experience?
The huge different between this version and the version from the Redacted site is this one isn’t bundled with all the weird retexturizing files at the main menus, etc. The Nightly client is fully offline ONLY. The developer LAN clients is only online. Mine emulates the online services. Meaning, even when you put your computer in airplane mode and launch Redacted (with this version only), it will still connect to the online services. But it doesn’t actually connect. It’s just an emulation of it. Which this will allow you to play the game as if you were playing online. So you can rank up and do your normal challenges. Nightly does not support ported weapons. Nightly is just the base bo2 game but fully offline. Every other client of Redacted has ported weapons. And yes, when I say ported, I mean that you can play with weapons from other Call of Duty games in BO2.

FrankWoodz

Reaction score
The huge different between this version and the version from the Redacted site is this one isn’t bundled with all the weird retexturizing files at the main menus, etc. The Nightly client is fully offline ONLY. The developer LAN clients is only online. Mine emulates the online services. Meaning, even when you put your computer in airplane mode and launch Redacted (with this version only), it will still connect to the online services. But it doesn’t actually connect. It’s just an emulation of it. Which this will allow you to play the game as if you were playing online. So you can rank up and do your normal challenges. Nightly does not support ported weapons. Nightly is just the base bo2 game but fully offline. Every other client of Redacted has ported weapons. And yes, when I say ported, I mean that you can play with weapons from other Call of Duty games in BO2.

This is exactly what I was looking for and hopefully it helps out anyone else confused by this.

I'll give this thing a shot as soon as I can, thanks for the upload and the patience with my questions.

Slander

Redacted T6 Moderator
Reaction score
This is exactly what I was looking for and hopefully it helps out anyone else confused by this.

I'll give this thing a shot as soon as I can, thanks for the upload and the patience with my questions.
I tend to have crazy and insane tolerance and patience. If you have any more questions, ask away man. I'd love to answer them.

FrankWoodz

Reaction score
Hey I had a chance to try this out and it works great so far but I did have a few questions.

Since this is already running a fake server what are the effects of turning Offlinemode in the config file from 0 to 1? Will it prevent it from connecting even if you have an internet connection or can it potentially cause issues?

What is dedicated mode under the config file? Its default set to 0 and I don't know what it means or effects.

I'm not really a fan of the ported weapons, will just deleting them from the data file remove them or will it leave a ton of missing file errors or blank spots in the game's loadouts screen?

It also seems to disable campaign mode, as in gives an error weather trying to launch from its own exe or from the ingame menu. Is this intentional or just a side effect of the mod?

Last edited:

Slander

Redacted T6 Moderator
Reaction score
Hey I had a chance to try this out and it works great so far but I did have a few questions.

Since this is already running a fake server what are the effects of turning Offlinemode in the config file from 0 to 1? Will it prevent it from connecting even if you have an internet connection or can it potentially cause issues?

What is dedicated mode under the config file? Its default set to 0 and I don't know what it means or effects.

I'm not really a fan of the ported weapons, will just deleting them from the data file remove them or will it leave a ton of missing file errors or blank spots in the game's loadouts screen?

It also seems to disable campaign mode, as in gives an error weather trying to launch from its own exe or from the ingame menu. Is this intentional or just a side effect of the mod?
Don't mess with anything in the settings in the .ini's. It could affect how the client works. I never personally tried it so I don't advise you to do so. Also, Campaign isn't supported through Redacted.

MaTpaD

Reaction score
Hello. I was wondering if there will be a possible update with the weapon camos, like Weaponized 115, imported into this mod? I love playing offline. Thanks!

JamieVonJamJar

Veteran
Reaction score
Aw crap, this 'fix' actually made the mod worse. It took out some DLC options, can no longer use the emblem creation thing (Even to wipe the annoying NEW signs away), took out a few game modes and generally made the mod limited. Until this gets fixed, I'd say avoid this 'patch'. Doesn't seem to fix anything at all honestly :/

Slander

Redacted T6 Moderator
Reaction score
Aw crap, this 'fix' actually made the mod worse. It took out some DLC options, can no longer use the emblem creation thing (Even to wipe the annoying NEW signs away), took out a few game modes and generally made the mod limited. Until this gets fixed, I'd say avoid this 'patch'. Doesn't seem to fix anything at all honestly :/
There must be something wrong with your game files because this doesn't do any of that m8.

Slander

Redacted T6 Moderator
Reaction score
Funnily enough it was all okay before I installed this .-.
Something is wrong with your files m8. I made this patch from the latest version of Redacted. All I did was make an emulation of the online services to work offline. I didn't mess with anything else. Even the whole Redacted team said its stable and have no issues with it. Its not on the client side, its something with your files. I suggest to verify game files and re-install this version. If the problem persists, I will look into it.