Release Redacted Online/Offline Client (With fix for Windows 10)

Keitaro

Reaction score
Also, this version of Redacted has to be ran by both parties; you and your friend. Mismatching different Redacted versions won't work.
The same version was ran by both parties, and first of all, I tried it with running the original redacted.ini settings, then messing with it to see if there are workarounds on it. And I know how to use Tunngle, but Tunngle is not relevant for our school network. Therefore I tried it with Hamachi, used the original redacted.ini as well as the changed one.

Slander

Redacted T6 Moderator
Reaction score
The same version was ran by both parties, and first of all, I tried it with running the original redacted.ini settings, then messing with it to see if there are workarounds on it. And I know how to use Tunngle, but Tunngle is not relevant for our school network. Therefore I tried it with Hamachi, used the original redacted.ini as well as the changed one.
Well then idk man. Never had that problem. Plus, why are you wanting to play it at school?

Soviet10

Reaction score
it launches well but i notice simple continuous lags at main menu and when i play zombie origins , when i start multiplayer match wit bots it keeps loading then gives error "unhandled exception"

Thys Wentzel

Reaction score
What is the recommended system specs to run black ops 2 with redacted? I have an asus laptop with the following specs:
Intel core I7 2.5 Ghz quad core
nvidia geforce gtx 950M
8 GB RAM

I am getting 60 FPS in the main menu and when in a match, getting 20 fps to 30 fps, but stutters extremely between that. This fps is also gained on all the lowest settings of the graphics and sync fps is of and is on unlimited fps. Is there a setting in the data files that i can use to switch off something that might be causing such low fps, such as clouds, or is there a patch i can download to assist with this issue?

Else, is there i program that i can use to check my laptop's average performance to determine if my graphics card is underperforming of my cpu is overheating or something. Any advice would be appreciated. If i can get the game to even run at a steady 30 or 60 fps without stuttering, i would be happy.

candy

G59 Terrorist
Staff member
Donator
Reaction score
What is the recommended system specs to run black ops 2 with redacted? I have an asus laptop with the following specs:
Intel core I7 2.5 Ghz quad core
nvidia geforce gtx 950M
8 GB RAM

I am getting 60 FPS in the main menu and when in a match, getting 20 fps to 30 fps, but stutters extremely between that. This fps is also gained on all the lowest settings of the graphics and sync fps is of and is on unlimited fps. Is there a setting in the data files that i can use to switch off something that might be causing such low fps, such as clouds, or is there a patch i can download to assist with this issue?

Else, is there i program that i can use to check my laptop's average performance to determine if my graphics card is underperforming of my cpu is overheating or something. Any advice would be appreciated. If i can get the game to even run at a steady 30 or 60 fps without stuttering, i would be happy.
Minimum System Requirements
  • CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHz or AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHz
  • Memory: 2GB for 32-bit OS or 4GB for 64-bit OS
  • Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT 512 MB

Slander

Redacted T6 Moderator
Reaction score
i get unhandlet exception caught error
help
What are you trying to play? MP or ZM? If its ZM, then I am assuming you came across this error while trying to play Origins. If that is the case, that is a lost cause. There are so many issues with Origins. If you are able to play it, you are lucky. If its MP, please elaborate in detail so I can try to help.

iZequal

Reaction score
hello i was just wondering how did you get that camo on your honeybadger? i believe that is a custom skin

gladias9

Insane-Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone else see a glitch as to where bots will eventually by the end of the match ALL SWITCH TO KNIVES?

candy

G59 Terrorist
Staff member
Donator
Reaction score
Anyone else see a glitch as to where bots will eventually by the end of the match ALL SWITCH TO KNIVES?
no, unless none have died and eventually ran out of ammo.. which then they'll switch to knives.

Jacob Castaño

Insane-Known Member
Reaction score
Mate, hi. I'm looking for that kind of client but in a win 7. Do you now where can i find it? Or can u provide that to us please?
I'm looking for it months ago, and nothing...

Slander

Redacted T6 Moderator
Reaction score
Mate, hi. I'm looking for that kind of client but in a win 7. Do you now where can i find it? Or can u provide that to us please?
I'm looking for it months ago, and nothing...
This client works perfect on Windows 7.

dr nha mods

Veteran
Reaction score
Greetings,
I am going to be releasing a client some people have been asking for. This version with allow a player to play online or offline, no matter what their internet status is. It emulates the online services so if you have your computer in airplane mode or if you just don't have any internet, you can still play and rank up.

This version also has the fix that will allow players to play on the latest version of Windows 10.
This is provided by PeterG. Credit goes to him for the .dll.

Unfortunately, I am still trying to find a way to fix the stats error so players can rank up and not have to lose their rank randomly and have to reset.

Video showing the emulation of the online services:

Here you bois go:
Link (updated with steam_api.json file): [Mediafire]
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Mirror: [Mega]

If taken down, rip in pieces.
By stats error what do u mean. I used to have a problem with stats in the past. I dont have nightly at the moment or cod bo2 pc so cant really help but it lies in red32.dll or it's called something like that. It was a error of some sort that would happen usially when game crashes but I believe its internet or so based. There is a version of nightly that didnt ever break on me I dont know what it is but u can use any client to emulate online if u know how :smile:
Just CE the s#@! Out of it

dr nha mods

Veteran
Reaction score
There are several people trying to fix the stats issue with Redacted. It is an ongoing issue. I will report here on CabCon Modding as soon as there is a fix for the stats error.
I am getting all my projects back soon so should be able to help you with this one :smile:
I have a custom nightly client that has a fix in it :smile: from one of the redacted updates that was more stable somehows

dr nha mods

Veteran
Reaction score
Alright thanks, that helps clear things up a bit. This may be outside the scope of this thread but could you give me a quick rundown of what the differences are between the different versions of Redacted?

So far I've seen this one, the Nightly and Developer LAN clients also here, and the version from mid 2017 on the redacted.se site. They all seem to have different modification dates and pretty drastic differences in file sizes but I can't find a readme in most of them or a general faq of what any do in particular or what makes them different. There are a few youtube videos but they are mostly unhelpful or from a time when the scope of the redacted project seems to have been different.

I tried looking through the threads of both the Nightly and Developer LAN versions here, but its mostly people just asking general support questions. Again I used the Bgamer LAN client for Black Ops 1 for offline combat training and zombies mode and am hoping this is at least somewhat similar. When you mention ported weapons does this add a bunch of guns from other games/modes to the game? Is this something I can disable or is it just built into the experience?
Yes u can disable the weapons by removing a sertain file sorry for the vagueness but I'll be able to help the community a hella lot more better when I recover my projects :smile: aloooot of redacted stuff has already been fixed and played with I just didn't back it up
Bo2 is my favorite game of all time
So I needed the NOSTEAM version to be fully stable as I've payed over 3000$ for the game so I should have a right? Wrong and right

dr nha mods

Veteran
Reaction score

This video shows proof that I had a offline client in 2017 and u know its offline coz I was using NOSTEAM. I dont recommend or give any reason for others to use the nosteam version I simply dgaf at the time coz I wanted to start working on gsc and other work for the amazing game