1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Answered Help with running a mod

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Answered Questions' started by Chiblue, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Chiblue

Chiblue New Member

Credits:
    So I took one of my original COD 5 mods and retrofitted it to work in BO3 mod tools... this task was surprisingly straight forward.. Here is the challenge.. I cannot get it to work inside BO3... probably me being stupid...

I downloaded the multiplayer sample and built that, then tried to use it in black ops 3... I must be missing something because I do not see the iprintln message on spawn...

Is there something special I have to do in BOps3 to play the mod. When in the menus in BO3 I see my mod name in yellow in the top left... but for some reason it is not running.. I have gone to multiplayer then start game... this is very frustrating... please can someone give me the specifics on what I need to select in menus to run my MP scripts in-game or even the mp_startup_mod sample..

Thanks

Chiblue

2. CabCon

CabCon Head Administrator Staff Member

Credits:
    Hello,
    be sure to link your mod with the compiler everytime you load it new or changed something in the source. Also you said you got problems with the start up mod, could you upload your mod folder that I can take a look into it.

Best regards,
    CabCon.

3. Chiblue

Chiblue New Member

Credits:
    I downloaded the link here

Please login or register to view links or downloads!

I unpacked it, into my mods folder, then selected it in the laucher, compiled and linked it, with the mp_mod.ff in the box above the build button, ran BO3, clicked on mods, selected the mp_starter_mod. this loaded I see it in the top right in yellow on the BO3 menus... selected multiplayer, click start and I do not see anything in the print line ingame?

4. Chiblue

Chiblue New Member

Credits:
    Sorry ignore this, it just worked and I have no clue why....

CabCon likes this.
  5. CabCon

CabCon Head Administrator Staff Member

Credits:
    :grinning: No problem, you're welcome!