Question How do I hide tags when I give myself a weapon in GSC

CoD_Modern_Gamer

Insane-Known Member
Reaction score
The title says it all.
I have tried alot but nothing has worked.
Example of a tag is tag_sights_off on smg_standard.
Im planning to use it in a mod menu.

CabCon

Head Administrator
Staff member
Head Staff Team
Reaction score
The title says it all.
I have tried alot but nothing has worked.
Example of a tag is tag_sights_off on smg_standard.
Im planning to use it in a mod menu.
I don't really understand what you're meaning with tags? :smile:

CoD_Modern_Gamer

Insane-Known Member
Reaction score
In APE(Asset Property Editor) there is a thing called "Hide Tags" and it will hide that part of the weapon in-game.
hideTags.png

CabCon

Head Administrator
Staff member
Head Staff Team
Reaction score
I talked to a few Black Ops 3 Scriptes and they said that this isn't mostly possible. :smile: Also it's handled by css not gsc, so if it is possible (which they don't think) you just can do it with csc. :smile:

CoD_Modern_Gamer

Insane-Known Member
Reaction score
I talked to a few Black Ops 3 Scriptes and they said that this isn't mostly possible. :grinning: Also it's handled by css not gsc, so if it is possible (which they don't think) you just can do it with csc. :grinning:
I remember I have seen a video of a modder in MW3 who managed to get a sniper without the scope.
Since I saw this I always wanted to do this myself.
I didnt find the video I saw, but here is another video that shows what I want to achieve.

CoD_Modern_Gamer

Insane-Known Member
Reaction score
I dont know but maybe hidePart works.
Code:
void <entity> HidePart(<tagname>,[modelname],[bApplyToChildren])
I found this in the modtools docs and I have tried it multiple times with tag_weapon and tag_sights_off on the model wpn_t7_smg_ap9_view, _world and without a modelname and it has not worked, it also said it could not find the tag on the model when I tested it in-game, but Im new to scripting so Im not sure if Im doing it correctly or if Im missing something. I used your modmenu to find the modelname and I used APE to find the tag names.

CabCon

Head Administrator
Staff member
Head Staff Team
Reaction score
I remember I have seen a video of a modder in MW3 who managed to get a sniper without the scope.
Since I saw this I always wanted to do this myself.
I didnt find the video I saw, but here is another video that shows what I want to achieve.
Yes, I know that but this isn't done with gsc.

I dont know but maybe hidePart works.
Code:
void <entity> HidePart(<tagname>,[modelname],[bApplyToChildren])
I found this in the modtools docs and I have tried it multiple times with tag_weapon and tag_sights_off on the model wpn_t7_smg_ap9_view, _world and without a modelname and it has not worked, it also said it could not find the tag on the model when I tested it in-game, but Im new to scripting so Im not sure if Im doing it correctly or if Im missing something. I used your modmenu to find the modelname and I used APE to find the tag names.
Yes, I also found this function. But like the modder said the tag system of the weapons are managed in csc so I didn't try the function out since it's mostly not working. :smile:

CoD_Modern_Gamer

Insane-Known Member
Reaction score
Last edited: