Tutorial How to play Redacted LAN with friends?

Slander

Redacted T6 Moderator
Reaction score
Greetings,
(EDIT: Fixed images that disappeared.)

I see a lot of threads here on the site about asking out to play Redacted with friends that have tons on replies explaining it. Which sometimes, people leave out somethings that are needed.

I am here to explain in depth of how to play Redacted with your friends.

Let's get started!

PREREQUISITES!!

You guys will obviously need to have Black Ops 2 from Steam. You can use the nosTeam version of the game but I would highly recommend buying the game from Steam to ensure that you have no issues or errors with the game.
Plus, the game is pretty cheap on g2a.com
kemkzv.png

Another prerequisite is the Redacted client (obviously).
You can get the client from their site at
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

puoknu.png

The last thing you will need is a virtual IP LAN service. I personally use Tunngle but you can use what you choose. (Tunngle, Hamachi, Evolve, etc.)
You can find Tunngle here:

You can find Evolve here:
(I did forget how to use Evolve)
You won't be needing this at the start of this process but you will need it to connect to other players.

INSTALL PROCEDURE

Now that you have all the requirements, you can now install Redacted.
When you download Redacted from the site, it should be in a '.7z' format. You can use WinRAR or 7ZIP to extract the files.
When you open the .7z file, you should see this
yzffsv.png

From here, you just drag and drop all of these files into your Black Ops II directory.
If you can't find where your game is installed, you can follow this folder address
'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops II'
wqenqe.png

Once that is installed, you are gonna want to change your ingame name to what you'd like. To do that, open the 'Redacted.ini' file with any text editor of your choice and change you name here.
dwdmee.png

CONNECTING AND PLAYING
You are now at the stage to open Redacted and play; but you won't be able to play with friends just yet. If you downloaded Tunngle when offered earlier, go ahead and start that up and make an account.

After making an account, you will have to install some things to make sure that the service runs correctly. Tunngle will have those for you to install.

You will have to click Yes on some prompts that come up but that is all natural.

You know you have everything correct when you see this
htkogo.jpg

Now, all you have to do is search "Call of Duty" in the search bar and connect to the "Call of Duty: Black Ops II Multiplayer [1]" server. Also, have your friends connect to the same one or else they can't connect to you.
lxempm.png

PLAYING
Everything is now set.
When you are ingame, you can press 'F' to see the friends list and see all the online people who are in the server you connected to on Tunngle.

Now just select their name and invite them to a game and everything should work fine.
Enjoy!

Last edited:

Slander

Redacted T6 Moderator
Reaction score
Might want to recommend Evolve instead of tunngle
I totally forgot about Evolve. Probably because it did have issues not too long ago. I've been using Tunngle for ages now and it works perfect for me. But I did fix the post for those who would rather want Evolve or Tunngle.

faze rain

Known Member
Reaction score
Evolve had issues for win 10 that i know how to fix easily but tunggle just had really high pings of like 500 and evolve had like 100 ping for my friends

CabCon

Head Administrator
Staff member
Head Staff Team
Reaction score
Greetings,

I see a lot of threads here on the site about asking out to play Redacted with friends that have tons on replies explaining it. Which sometimes, people leave out somethings that are needed.

Let's get started!

PREREQUISITES!!

You guys will obviously need to have Black Ops 2 from Steam. You can use the nosTeam version of the game but I would highly recommend buying the game from Steam to ensure that you have no issues or errors with the game.
vfgfdu.png

ebzkcf.png

The last thing you will need is a virtual IP LAN service. I personally use Tunngle but you can use what you choose. (Tunngle, Hamachi, Evolve, etc.)

You won't be needing this at the start of this process but you will need it to connect to other players.

INSTALL PROCEDURE

When you download Redacted from the site, it should be in a '.7z' format. You can use WinRAR or 7ZIP to extract the files.
rzeamv.png

From here, you just drag and drop all of these files into your Black Ops II directory.
If you can't find where your game is installed, you can follow this folder address

Once that is installed, you are gonna want to change your ingame name to what you'd like. To do that, open the 'Redacted.ini' file with any text editor of your choice and change you name here.
nawsnu.png

CONNECTING AND PLAYING
You are now at the stage to open Redacted and play; but you won't be able to play with friends just yet. If you downloaded Tunngle when offered earlier, go ahead and start that up and make an account.

After making an account, you will have to install some things to make sure that the service runs correctly. Tunngle will have those for you to install.

You will have to click Yes on some prompts that come up but that is all natural.

vntxks.png

Now, all you have to do is search "Call of Duty" in the search bar and connect to the "Call of Duty: Black Ops II Multiplayer [1]" server. Also, have your friends connect to the same one or else they can't connect to you.
lxempm.png

PLAYING
Everything is now set.
When you are ingame, you can press 'F' to see the friends list and see all the online people who are in the server you connected to on Tunngle.
npnddd.png

Now just select their name and invite them to a game and everything should work fine.
Enjoy!
Thanks for this awesome detailed tutorial :y:

115sparkles

Veteran
Reaction score
am i supposed to see everyone on my LAN connection in my friends list too? this is without tunngle or anything, this is just with people with computers literally right next to me

Harry

Certified Sick ℂunt
Premium Member
Reaction score
am i supposed to see everyone on my LAN connection in my friends list too? this is without tunngle or anything, this is just with people with computers literally right next to me
People on your Local Network should show... Isn't that the point of Redacted LAN? It finds people on your LAN? xD

Slander

Redacted T6 Moderator
Reaction score
People on your Local Network should show... Isn't that the point of Redacted LAN? It finds people on your LAN? xD
IF those people are running the same version of Redacted. Mismatched versions of Redacted won't work for connecting peer to peer.

Splendid

Reaction score
If any one still use this theres also ZeroTier One VPN instead of the Tunngle and Evolve it seems to have pings around 70ms and is little to 0 down time

pblessed65

Reaction score
Greetings,
(EDIT: Fixed images that disappeared.)

Let's get started!

PREREQUISITES!!

kemkzv.png

puoknu.png

INSTALL PROCEDURE

yzffsv.png

wqenqe.png

dwdmee.png

CONNECTING AND PLAYING

htkogo.jpg

lxempm.png

PLAYING
Everything is now set.

Enjoy!