Release Redacted Online/Offline Client (With fix for Windows 10)

candy

G59 Terrorist
Staff member
Donator
Reaction score
If you say so, I'll go fix the mess. PS you made my games go from 9 vs 9 to 6 vs 6 :smile:
If you don't like the client, then I suggest you go back to Lan or Dev instead of talking ****.
You can drop your opinion, but that all changes when you carry it on.

MaTpaD

Reaction score
I am having an issue with this mod. The honeybadger and other weapons ported over is completely black. The K5 does not even have the weapon icon in the weapon selection. It is only a a checkeredbox. I was wondering how do I fix these issues. Also allow me to change the bot names and change the bot colors too. I have no idea how to do it in Microsoft Visual Studio. I need a tutorial on how to do it. I have the official steam version. Thanks.

Thys Wentzel

Reaction score
Hi sorry for bothering, but how do i install this? I have a steam version of Black ops 2 and i dragged and dropped all of the files into black ops 2's directory from the zip file, but when i launch the game, it starts normally and no additional redacted windows are shown. I also do not have that redacted modding shortcut that is shown on the video. This is my first time here, so please be gentle :smile:. I just want to figure out how i can play this game offline and it looks like redacted is my answer.

CabCon

Head Administrator
Staff member
Head Staff Team
Reaction score
Hi sorry for bothering, but how do i install this? I have a steam version of Black ops 2 and i dragged and dropped all of the files into black ops 2's directory from the zip file, but when i launch the game, it starts normally and no additional redacted windows are shown. I also do not have that redacted modding shortcut that is shown on the video. This is my first time here, so please be gentle :smile:. I just want to figure out how i can play this game offline and it looks like redacted is my answer.
Hello,
I'm sure we can help you. Could you please send a screenshot of your Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 directory.

Thys Wentzel

Reaction score
Hi here is a screen shot of my file. It is not on disk C, but on disk D (my laptop has two hardrives). Also, should the read only attribute be unchecked in the properties of the black ops 2 folder? For some reason, every time i uncheck it, it resets to checked when i apply the changes. Also, should i turn of my firewall and windows defender? This might be blocking something.

Thank you for your assistance!

Attachments

• screen.png
    screen.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 436

Slander

Redacted T6 Moderator
Reaction score
Hi here is a screen shot of my file. It is not on disk C, but on disk D (my laptop has two hardrives). Also, should the read only attribute be unchecked in the properties of the black ops 2 folder? For some reason, every time i uncheck it, it resets to checked when i apply the changes. Also, should i turn of my firewall and windows defender? This might be blocking something.

Thank you for your assistance!
Don't run the game from steam after installing. It will run the normal version. In the directory, you'll see 2 .exe's: "t6mpv43.exe" and "t6zmv41.exe". Those are what you want to run to play Redacted.

If you have any further issues, please feel free to reply again.

Thys Wentzel

Reaction score
Thanks. It seems to be working now. My problem was that i ran the game through steam after installation and before installing the mod. The game did crash after the first match with bots though, with a message saying "catched unhandled exception".

Slander

Redacted T6 Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks. It seems to be working now. My problem was that i ran the game through steam after installation and before installing the mod. The game did crash after the first match with bots though, with a message saying "catched unhandled exception".
Yeah, the crashes are a known issue. I personally don't know how to fix it. It happened with the original version of Redacted before I made this version. If it crashes, just restart and play again. Sorry for the inconvenience of crashes.

Thys Wentzel

Reaction score
Hi the mod works well! I just have one question, is there a way to exclude DLC maps from the public match rotations excluding nuketown? Because just as soon as a DLC map appears in the list and i load the game, i get stuck in an infinite checker boarded loading screen. I know i don't have the dlc's, but i am not planning on buying them. Any info will be appreciated!

Slander

Redacted T6 Moderator
Reaction score
Hi the mod works well! I just have one question, is there a way to exclude DLC maps from the public match rotations excluding nuketown? Because just as soon as a DLC map appears in the list and i load the game, i get stuck in an infinite checker boarded loading screen. I know i don't have the dlc's, but i am not planning on buying them. Any info will be appreciated!
As of now, when you go to public match, the game will always load the map that is on top in the map voting. No matter which map you click on to vote, it will always be the top map. So pretty much, you will have to keep going back and forth in the public match lobby till you get a map that you like or want to play. There is no way to disable DLC maps from the vote rotation.

Keitaro

Reaction score
Got a question concerning this client.
In our school, LAN is pretty strict, so I searched for an offline client, that is LAN capable.
Because the normal Redacted client won't let us into online and will just say "Can't connect to the servers...".
With this one I get into Online but my invites just go into the void. Nobody will receive any game invites.
Is this the way it should be?

Slander

Redacted T6 Moderator
Reaction score
Got a question concerning this client.
In our school, LAN is pretty strict, so I searched for an offline client, that is LAN capable.
Because the normal Redacted client won't let us into online and will just say "Can't connect to the servers...".
With this one I get into Online but my invites just go into the void. Nobody will receive any game invites.
Is this the way it should be?
The invites don't show because player-to-player connection isn't established in this version as by nature. The only way to get invites is to have a friend connect to the same IP as you. You can use Tunngle or Hamachi or such as that. If that doesn't work, I will look into it.

Keitaro

Reaction score
The invites don't show because player-to-player connection isn't established in this version as by nature. The only way to get invites is to have a friend connect to the same IP as you. You can use Tunngle or Hamachi or such as that. If that doesn't work, I will look into it.
Ok, I tried your suggestion, in the redacted.ini I changed the host ip to the same ip(one of the clients) on both ends in a local network, with no success, neither did it change when I used Tunngle or Hamachi.
Maybe I clarify my problem again: I need a client, that gets past the "Connecting to redacted..." without any internet connection whatsoever, but the client is in a local network, that has no connection to the outer networks. The next step would be to just start private lobbies like with an online client.
So I need to establish a connection between clients that don't have access to the internet, but are in a local network, the only step I am missing is getting past the "Connecting to redacted" without any internetconnection.
Suggestion: Would it help if I set the IP/Domain to 127.0.0.1, that's behind the "Connecting to redacted" in my hosts file? And what would be that IP/Domain or what's the message it receives from the domain, so I can emulate such a message.

Slander

Redacted T6 Moderator
Reaction score
Ok, I tried your suggestion, in the redacted.ini I changed the host ip to the same ip(one of the clients) on both ends in a local network, with no success, neither did it change when I used Tunngle or Hamachi.
Maybe I clarify my problem again: I need a client, that gets past the "Connecting to redacted..." without any internet connection whatsoever, but the client is in a local network, that has no connection to the outer networks. The next step would be to just start private lobbies like with an online client.
So I need to establish a connection between clients that don't have access to the internet, but are in a local network, the only step I am missing is getting past the "Connecting to redacted" without any internetconnection.
Suggestion: Would it help if I set the IP/Domain to 127.0.0.1, that's behind the "Connecting to redacted" in my hosts file? And what would be that IP/Domain or what's the message it receives from the domain, so I can emulate such a message.
This hurts my head....

Don't mess with redacted.ini. Everything in that file is how it's supposed to be. What you need to do is use Tunngle or Hamachi to create a LAN IP. Your friend needs to join that Hamachi or Tunngle server to connect to that same IP. Only then will it create a LAN service.

If you need to learn how to use Tunngle, I have a tutorial here:Tutorial - How to play Redacted LAN with friends? | CabConModding

Slander

Redacted T6 Moderator
Reaction score
Also, this version of Redacted has to be ran by both parties; you and your friend. Mismatching different Redacted versions won't work.