• Yes

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Pyrex BLJ

im done :)
Reaction score
it came with my illegal download :grinning: i beleave its the t6 dlc 2 camo update so it may not be old but i replaced that version with t6 lan yay i am playing zombieland try downloading the version from redacted.se
done that a few times, but ill try it again

AdrX003

Veteran
Reaction score
simply one of the bea
This will show you how you can change any texture you want in black ops 2!

Prerequisites:

Black Ops 2 iPak Exporter -
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Download -

iwi dds Fast Converter -

Redacted t6 lan - Release - Redacted T6 LAN Developer Client +Download | CabConModding

or

Gimp or Photoshop -
|| (May need this plugin if using Photoshop)

NOTE: Some textures are broken up into multiple files and you will have to change all of them or it will be part your texture and part original texture.

Part 1:

Go find an iPak you want to change something in (\Call of Duty Black Ops II\zone\all) and extract it with the iPak exporter. (I'm going to be using mp.ipak for this tutorial)
Zf8jBlC.png

Copy the ipak to where you put the extractor and drag the ipak into the exporter executable.

Part 2:

Find a texture you want to edit in the exports and open it in gimp / Photoshop
Make any edits you would like to the file, but make sure it is still the same size.

Saving the edited texture: This is where the tutorial may differ a bit for some users as i will be using Photoshop with the Nvidia plugin.

Click save and choose the dds file format and keep the original name of the file.

Once done with that another window will pop up, just make sure it looks like this

nsnmJFg.png

Click save.

Part 3:

To actually put the new texture in game we need to convert the dds to an iwi file with the fast converter

Drag the dds image onto the fast converter executable and type 1 then press enter and it will create an iwi file with your image in it in the same location of the dds file.

VyM17o4.png

Now all you have to do is put the iwi file here (..\Call of Duty Black Ops II\data\images) and its done!

Here are some examples i have made:

Hijacked Loading screen (loadscreen_mp_hijacked.dds)
8Y9wbj1.jpg

Sharpshooter Gametype Image (playlist_sharpshooter.dds)
8z610is.jpg

Floor in Standoff
(~~-gkitchen_tile_spc-rgb&~-rk~a2283fbf.dds & ~-gkitchen_tile_col.dds)

lxePWw3.png

Enjoy Giving Black Ops 2 a New Look!
simpley one of the best threads ever created :CCMheart:

Terminator333

Veteran
Reaction score
Awesome thread! Good job! :smile: That's really helpful. Maybe someone will create a whole retextured version for Black Ops 2! :smile:

i was working on Modern Warfare but had issues with the memory i had tried to make it HD but i made the textures 2k lol bad idea
I was also looking into the black ops 2 myslef. But i am still working on modern warfare as well.just an issue with one of the bricks im using pparently it show it full white in game then from the texture im using it may be a DXT save format i use DXT 5 most of the time. trial and error i guess lol

david paul

Reaction score
Hello, export an ".Ipak" file, which became a folder with many ".dds" files, this I did to edit the textures that were inside the file. Now I need to compress that folder so that it becomes a ".Ipak" file again, what program do I have to use or what do I have to do? Thank you I await your response.