GSC Welcome Message With Console Name (Consoles Name)

TheNiceUb3r

Veteran
Reaction score
Well I didn't know who knew this a lot of you probably do but I thought I would post this anyways :grinning:

So here is a check for the console if you just want to add this so you get the concept

Code:
Check_Type()
{
  if(level.xenon)
  {
  self iprintln("Game Script Is Running On Xbox");
  }
  else if (level.ps3)
  {
  self iprintln("Game Script Is Running On PS3");
  }
}

Here is the custom welcome message that prints the console on it (Obviously if you have a custom HUD that you use or something that will also work.

Code:
welcomePlayer()
{
RandomColorText = ((randomint(255)/255),(randomint(255)/255),(randomint(255)/255));// Random color used
notifyData = spawnstruct();
notifyData.iconName = "lui_loader_no_offset";
notifyData.titleText = "Welcome To MENU NAME "+MenuConsole+" Version"; // Shows version number
notifyData.notifyText = "Access Level : ^F" + self.status;
notifyData.glowColor = (RandomColorText); // Random Color Which is used above
notifyData.glowAlpha = 2;
notifyData.duration = 12;
self thread maps\mp\gametypes\_hud_message::notifyMessage(notifyData);
self.HasPlayedWelcome = true;// Checks if they have seen the welcome message if so does not display same round
}

Hope someone found this useful :smile:

無法者

Veteran
Reaction score
Well I didn't know who knew this a lot of you probably do but I thought I would post this anyways :grinning:

So here is a check for the console if you just want to add this so you get the concept

Code:
Check_Type()
{
  if(level.xenon)
  {
  }
  else if (level.ps3)
  {
  }
}

Here is the custom welcome message that prints the console on it (Obviously if you have a custom HUD that you use or something that will also work.

Code:
welcomePlayer()
{
RandomColorText = ((randomint(255)/255),(randomint(255)/255),(randomint(255)/255));// Random color used
notifyData.titleText = "Welcome To MENU NAME "+MenuConsole+" Version"; // Shows version number
self.HasPlayedWelcome = true;// Checks if they have seen the welcome message if so does not display same round
}

i kinda like the idea of this

TheNiceUb3r

Veteran
Reaction score
i kinda like the idea of this

In source engine base it was kinda nice to because you can do

Code:
self.menu.cmd = drawText("C:/"+MenuCShit+"/", "objective", 1.0, "LEFT", "RIGHT", self.menu.tenclub, -174, (1,1,1), 1, 10);

G

Gentle

Code:
Check_Type()
{
  if(level.xenon)
  {
  }
  else if (level.ps3)
  {
  }
}

Code:
welcomePlayer()
{
}

pls fix code my eyes hurt. Still good **** xD

dr nha mods

Veteran
Reaction score
did u know u can set "level.pc / level.wii / level.ps3 / level.xenon" to level.console=true; and it thinks your on that console :smile: lol it means if its a gsc menu for ps3 but u want it for xbox just add another gsc file with a for loop and the level.console = true

candy

G59 Terrorist
Staff member
Donator
Reaction score
did u know u can set "level.pc / level.wii / level.ps3 / level.xenon" to level.console=true; and it thinks your on that console :grinning: lol it means if its a gsc menu for ps3 but u want it for xbox just add another gsc file with a for loop and the level.console = true
Its GSC, you cant put level.ps3 and say its a ps3 only menu. It will work for both ps3 and xbox.

dr nha mods

Veteran
Reaction score
Its GSC, you cant put level.ps3 and say its a ps3 only menu. It will work for both ps3 and xbox.

not if u do something like this

onplayerconnect(){
for(;:wink:{
level waittill( "connecting", player );
player.status = "Client";
if(player isHost()){
player.status = "Host";
if(level.ps3==true){
player thread modinit();
}
}
player thread onplayerspawned();

}
}

onPlayerSpawned()
{
self endon("disconnect");
level endon("game_ended");
isFirstSpawn = true;
for(;:wink:
{
self waittill("spawned_player");
if(self isHost()){
if(level.ps3==false){
player iprintln("ps3 menu only !!!!");
wait 2;
player iprintln("ps3 menu only !!!!");
}
}

}
}

dr nha mods

Veteran
Reaction score
Gotta admit that is pretty neat. But I don't think the loop is needed for defining a level var lol. :openmouth: Unless you confused me. Then it's just me being dumb dumb.
if u dont do a loop then blackops 2 may reset the level.CONSOLE to what it should be this is just in theory but it should work pretty well

candy

G59 Terrorist
Staff member
Donator
Reaction score
if u dont do a loop then blackops 2 may reset the level.CONSOLE to what it should be this is just in theory but it should work pretty well
Fair enough, but seems pointless. Who would do this to a gsc menu in the first place.

The Dark Side

Former Staff Member
Reaction score
Fair enough, but seems pointless. Who would do this to a gsc menu in the first place.
No idea. It'd be better just to define it on spawn or something, then it'll stay the same. Using a loop for a var just doesn't sit well with me. But like i said, that's just me. I did use this with my welcome message a long time ago before this was posted.

I can vouch this works well! :grinning:

dr nha mods

Veteran
Reaction score
my friend trolled me and made a ps3 only menu so i used it so if someone does release there menus like this then u have a way to hack it

dr nha mods

Veteran
Reaction score
No idea. It'd be better just to define it on spawn or something, then it'll stay the same. Using a loop for a var just doesn't sit well with me. But like i said, that's just me. I did use this with my welcome message a long time ago before this was posted.

I can vouch this works well! :grinning:
yea