Tool Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 DVAR Tool Steam 1.2.211 +Download

TheNigel

Known Member
Reaction score
Here is a virus scan of the executable:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Here is a virus scan of the rar archive:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

The 4 detections are more than likely from the kernel imports used to extract and load the rpc into the game, if you don't feel safe using my application you are more than welcome to extract the rpc from the app and create your own injector + tool. Nothing is obfuscated or encrypted so it is all open for anyones eyes to see.

The rar contains this thread as well as a list of dvars. Credits to whoever released the dvar list, I can't remember where I got it.

I was quite shocked to see that no one else had done this yet so here it is. Enjoy :smile:
How to use:

Open MW2 and then press load RPC. This will inject my RPC into the game creating a TCP listener on port 1234.
This listener will listen for commands and execute said commands in the game.
eg. ui_debugmode, cg_thirdperson or any other dvars you can think of.
Once you have pressed the load rpc button you will not need to do it again until you restart the game.

*warning*
Changing resolution while the rpc is loaded will crash your game.

Example of the tool in use:
iw5tTwC.jpg

If you would like to create your own tool you can feel free to do so. After you press LoadRPC, the RPC is stored in the temp folder on your c drive which can be found by typing %temp% into your start menu.
To execute the commands you will just need to make a tool that sends tcp messages as following;
The messages are case sensitive.

Cbuf: "cmd commandhere"
Get Int: "getInt commandhere"
Get Float: "getFloat commandhere"
Get String: "getString commandhere"

Here is an example of how I am doing it.
g3xjRW0.png

I may get around to making a lib for this eventually but for now I will just leave it like this.

When using get int, float or string the listener will reply to your message with the data you are requesting.

I have been using this tool for many hours while testing without receiving a ban but I will not be held responsible for any VAC bans that are the result of this.

If you have any ideas of anything else like this that you want just send me a message and I will look into it when I have time

Attachments

• MW2 Steam dvar tool.rar
    63.7 KB · Views: 4,444

Pikolo

Reaction score
Nice could you make a small video tutorial example how to use them, I tried to use commands like sv_hostname, party_hostname, party_maxplayers or cg_thirdperson but it doesn't work

TheNigel

Known Member
Reaction score
Nice could you make a small video tutorial example how to use them, I tried to use commands like sv_hostname, party_hostname, party_maxplayers or cg_thirdperson but it doesn't work
Sure, here you go.