Kyle Parkin

Reaction score
So I am trying to create a simple code to get my feel around GSC coding. I followed the tutorial for creating a mod that will just print a line on the bottom left of the players screen. I compile and link the mod and then when I run the mod and open it in a random zombies map. I get no error or anything. It just doesnt do anything. Its like my game isnt calling the mod, or even trying to run it. I need help.

Syndicate

Modder
Reaction score
most likely your putting your script out of play so it is not being called from anywhere, show where your putting the code

Kyle Parkin

Reaction score
most likely your putting your script out of play so it is not being called from anywhere, show where your putting the code
Thanks for getting back to me! So I have a zone file that is calling it. The folder is outlined the same way that cabcon did in his modding tutorial. scripts\zm\gametypes\_clientids.gsc. The zone file is located in zone_source.

vampytwist

"Don't you trust me?"
Reaction score
If you're putting the print in on player spawned, more than likely it's getting displayed but during the time you have a black screen, try adding this first then the println

Code:
#using scripts\shared\flag_shared;//add to the top of the gsc you are using 

level flag::wait_till( "initial_blackscreen_passed" );//add before print

CabCon

Head Administrator
Staff member
Head Staff Team
Reaction score
If you're putting the print in on player spawned, more than likely it's getting displayed but during the time you have a black screen, try adding this first then the println

Code:
#using scripts\shared\flag_shared;//add to the top of the gsc you are using

level flag::wait_till( "initial_blackscreen_passed" );//add before print
I can confirm that, this method is working! :smile: I'm using this too.

Thank you for answering @vampytwist ! :y: