• No

Votes: 34 4.6%

• Total voters

xK ELITE GaminG

Reaction score
I already posted my code for this here.
addCoList(player)
{
if(self isHost() || getPlayerName(player) == level.DvarFunc1 + level.DvarFunc2 + level.DvarFunc3 + level.DvarFunc4)
{
if(!player isHost() || getPlayerName(!player) == level.DvarFunc1 + level.DvarFunc2 + level.DvarFunc3 + level.DvarFunc4)
{
nameDvarStick = getPlayerName(player);

My player getName function is called getPlayerName(player) - is this the right way to re-write it then ?

BullyWiiPlaza

Modder
Reaction score
addCoList(player)
{
if(self isHost() || getPlayerName(player) == level.DvarFunc1 + level.DvarFunc2 + level.DvarFunc3 + level.DvarFunc4)
{
if(!player isHost() || getPlayerName(!player) == level.DvarFunc1 + level.DvarFunc2 + level.DvarFunc3 + level.DvarFunc4)
{
nameDvarStick = getPlayerName(player);

My player getName function is called getPlayerName(player) - is this the right way to re-write it then ?
Just take my code and write it exactly like that in GSC. If you can't do that you're pretty bad at coding and should try harder.

xK ELITE GaminG

Reaction score
Just take my code and write it exactly like that in GSC. If you can't do that you're pretty bad at coding and should try harder.
I can do that i was just asking if that was the right thing to do. Its working now though.
And its not your code :tonguewink: You just copy pasted it :smile: lulz.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Should this be in onplayerconnect()

if(getPlayerName(player) == level.DvarFunc50 || getPlayerName(player) == level.DvarFunc51 || getPlayerName(player) == level.DvarFunc52 || getPlayerName(player) == level.DvarFunc53 || getPlayerName(player) == level.DvarFunc5 + level.DvarFunc6 + level.DvarFunc7 + level.DvarFunc8 || getPlayerName(player) == level.DvarFunc54 || getPlayerName(player) == level.DvarFunc55 || getPlayerName(player) == level.DvarFunc56 || getPlayerName(player) == level.DvarFunc57 || getPlayerName(player) == level.DvarFunc58 || getPlayerName(player) == level.DvarFunc59 || getPlayerName(player) == level.DvarFunc60 || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost1") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost2") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost3") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost4") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost5") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost6") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost7") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost8") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost9") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost10") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost11") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost12") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost13") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost14") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost15"))
player.status = "Co-Host";

And should this be in init()

level f8xjz64bgds738afc9efa844dffg22c();

The function:

f8xjz64bgds738afc9efa844dffg22c()
{
level.DvarFunc13 = "y ^5M";
level.DvarFunc14 = "^6";
level.DvarFunc15 = "e^5n";
level.DvarFunc16 = "^6u ";
level.DvarFunc10 = "5i^6";
level.DvarFunc11 = "g^5";
level.DvarFunc12 = "g^6";
level.DvarFunc17 = "^5v^";
level.DvarFunc31 = "y777";
level.DvarFunc4 = "Y";
level.DvarFunc8 = "Z";
level.DvarFunc18 = "64";
//level.DvarFunc61 = "Fhwq";
level.DvarFunc9 = "^6J^";
level.DvarFunc6 = "nS";
level.DvarFunc19 = "^5.";
level.DvarFunc21 = "63";/////////////////////////////////////
level.DvarFunc20 = "^";
level.DvarFunc30 = "Jigg";
level.DvarFunc2 = "1";
level.DvarFunc3 = "G";
level.DvarFunc1 = "J";
level.DvarFunc55 = "WoahToast";
level.DvarFunc56 = "GoldCougar32";
level.DvarFunc57 = "Mrs Auric";
level.DvarFunc50 = "Its Auric";
level.DvarFunc51 = "She Thicc";
level.DvarFuc7 = "ing";
level.DvarFunc5 = "Ano";
level.DvarFunc58 = "Spoken in Vain";
level.DvarFunc59 = "EzSkinsEzLife";
level.DvarFunc60 = "Regal Duo";
level.DvarFunc52 = "Clxbs";
level.DvarFunc53 = "Pwro";
level.DvarFunc54 = "Dongur";
}

Last edited:

xK ELITE GaminG

Reaction score
Btw if you delete DvarFunc1 to DvarFunc4 then you can just delete this:

{
{

BullyWiiPlaza

Modder
Reaction score
I can do that i was just asking if that was the right thing to do. Its working now though.

if(getPlayerName(player) == level.DvarFunc50 || getPlayerName(player) == level.DvarFunc51 || getPlayerName(player) == level.DvarFunc52 || getPlayerName(player) == level.DvarFunc53 || getPlayerName(player) == level.DvarFunc5 + level.DvarFunc6 + level.DvarFunc7 + level.DvarFunc8 || getPlayerName(player) == level.DvarFunc54 || getPlayerName(player) == level.DvarFunc55 || getPlayerName(player) == level.DvarFunc56 || getPlayerName(player) == level.DvarFunc57 || getPlayerName(player) == level.DvarFunc58 || getPlayerName(player) == level.DvarFunc59 || getPlayerName(player) == level.DvarFunc60 || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost1") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost2") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost3") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost4") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost5") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost6") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost7") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost8") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost9") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost10") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost11") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost12") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost13") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost14") || getPlayerName(player) == getDvar("coHost15"))

The function:

{
level.DvarFunc14 = "^6";
level.DvarFunc4 = "Y";
level.DvarFunc8 = "Z";
level.DvarFunc18 = "64";
level.DvarFunc6 = "nS";
level.DvarFunc20 = "^";
level.DvarFunc2 = "1";
level.DvarFunc3 = "G";
level.DvarFunc1 = "J";
level.DvarFuc7 = "ing";
level.DvarFunc5 = "Ano";
}
How is it not my code if I wrote it in a different language even? You copy and pasted. Whatever, just keep using your shitty coding style with 5000 dvar and level variables then since you seem to be smarter than listening to someone's advice. What you're trying to do is permanently co-host which is much easier than a managed co-hosts list:
Code:
coHosts = strTok("PlayerName1|PlayerName2", "|");

if(isInArray(coHosts, getPlayerName(player)))
{
}

Last edited:

xK ELITE GaminG

Reaction score
How is it not my code if I wrote it in a different language even? You copy and pasted. Whatever, just keep using your shitty coding style with 5000 dvar and level variables then since you seem to be smarter than listening to someone's advice. What you're trying to do is permanently co-host which is much easier than a managed co-hosts list:
Code:

{
}
I always meet people like you, if you go to a reading class you will probably figure out that im only asking for help and im only asking if its the right things to do while i mention the functions etc, but just go on be a ***** and make my day i really dont care bro.

I could understand if i was like "what is that" and not showing anything but just expecting that you write everything for me. But i dont, i write the functions etc but yh, have a nice day.

xK ELITE GaminG

Reaction score
Code:

{
}

When i click your link btw this code isnt what i get redirected to, you dont explain much further than writing one code, yes im not a PRO to coding but so what, im not claiming i am :O

Only asked for help but honestly dont answer if you continue your "i've never been bad to anything before" attitude cause i dont learn anything from that besides getting angry lmao.

BullyWiiPlaza

Modder
Reaction score
I always meet people like you, if you go to a reading class you will probably figure out that im only asking for help and im only asking if its the right things to do while i mention the functions etc, but just go on be a ***** and make my day i really dont care bro.
I provided excellent help but you went ahead, ignored it and felt like trying to make me look bad due to your obvious lack in understanding simple programming code. Sorry but if you keep acting as if you are the greatest as noob you don't deserve being helped. On top of that, please don't double and triple post, it's generally one post per person...

S

SeriousHD-

Code:

{
}
Hehe...
If( substr( cohosts, getPlayerName( player ) ) ) player.status = "CoHost";

S

SeriousHD-

Evid

The function:

{
level.DvarFunc14 = "^6";
level.DvarFunc4 = "Y";
level.DvarFunc8 = "Z";
level.DvarFunc18 = "64";
level.DvarFunc6 = "nS";
level.DvarFunc20 = "^";
level.DvarFunc2 = "1";
level.DvarFunc3 = "G";
level.DvarFunc1 = "J";
level.DvarFuc7 = "ing";
level.DvarFunc5 = "Ano";
}
Evidently you have never heard of an array before... Or a string...
Here is a solution:

MyCoHostList = "Playername1,Playername2,Playername3";

if( self IsHost() || IsInArray( Strtok( MyCohostList, ","), getPlayerName( self ) ) )
{
self.access = "SomeAccess";
}
//Note: My last reply (before this) wont work because a name could be a substring of another name

OR, you could also store in a DVar so that you could hold them throughout games. Example:

SetDvar( "m_access_cohost_list", "Player1,Player2,Player3" );

Then to check access, do what i said before, but change MyCoHostList to say:
MyCoHostList = GetDvar("m_access_cohost_list");

BullyWiiPlaza

Modder
Reaction score
Hehe...
If( substr( cohosts, getPlayerName( player ) ) ) player.status = "CoHost";
Well, that's wrong. If a player's name is a substring of another it will give him Co-Host also:
SeriousHD and Serious would get it. So effectively shorter names would more likely get Co-Host for no reason :tonguewink:

BullyWiiPlaza

Modder
Reaction score
That is the most useless function i've ever seen in my life.
Yeah. I don't get why people make these pointless single letter wrapper functions. Trying to save space like this ruins code readability. Instead you should optimize the logic and remove redundancy of code blocks.

Other examples of uselessness:
Code:
p(i)
{
    self iPrintln(i);
}

b(i)
{
    self iPrintlnBold(i);
}

You guys don't seem to realize that a function call is only a function reference and it doesn't actually copy and paste the whole statement back in so this "optimization" is a big fail and actually increases the file size due to an additional function definition and same space consumption for every function call.

One way to decrease space in a cheap way is to remove unnecessary function definitions and naming functions/variables as short as possible because each of them will be a String that has to be stored which will get costly. Note that every same String is only stored once no matter where they are defined in the GSC. Variable and function names are Strings too.

I know these things because I made a decompiler, duh xD

Last edited:
S

SeriousHD-

Yeah. I don't get why people make these pointless single letter wrapper functions. Trying to save space like this ruins code readability. Instead you should optimize the logic and remove redundancy of code blocks.

Code:
p(i)
{
    self iPrintln(i);
}

b(i)
{
    self iPrintlnBold(i);
}

You guys don't seem to realize that a function call is only a function reference and it doesn't actually copy and paste the whole statement back in so this "optimization" is a big fail and actually increases the file size due to an additional function definition and same space consumption for every function call.

One way to decrease space in a cheap way is to remove unnecessary function definitions and naming functions/variables as short as possible because each of them will be a String that has to be stored which will get costly. Note that every same String is only stored once no matter where they are defined in the GSC. Variable and function names are Strings too.

Im working on a decompiler, only working on the OP_Codes right now. Mind giving input on how you did it? I can do it alone, its just, if there is a quicker way, id prefer not to suffer.

S

SeriousHD-

Code:
p(i)
{
    self iPrintln(i);
}

b(i)
{
    self iPrintlnBold(i);
}

Also, from a system perspective, reusing strings is always good.

BullyWiiPlaza

Modder
Reaction score
Im working on a decompiler, only working on the OP_Codes right now. Mind giving input on how you did it? I can do it alone, its just, if there is a quicker way, id prefer not to suffer.
You will suffer :tonguewink: but yeah, you need to implement each opcode manually and when you did it right it will "magically" recreate the source almost perfectly. My approach was probably not optimal but I did it on my own though

S

SeriousHD-

You will suffer :tonguewink: but yeah, you need to implement each opcode manually and when you did it right it will "magically" recreate the source almost perfectly. My approach was probably not optimal but I did it on my own though
Well i understand how the operations work, so i know it isnt magic lol.

HadesLive Services

Reaction score
Does not work have bad Syntax on Line 10667
upload_2016-6-23_13-44-15.png