Tutorial Black Ops 3 Zombie GSC Modding - How to start coding a mod? Startup Mod +Download

Helpful?

• Total voters

CabCon

Head Administrator
Staff member
Head Staff Team
Reaction score
UPDATED TUTORIAL: Tutorial - Black Ops 3 Zombie GSC Modding - How to start coding a mod? Startup Mod +Download | CabConModding

Hello guys,
in this tutorial I want to assist every old GSC coder from a older Call of Duty. I will show you here how to make a mod which will call a function on any spawn of the player. You can continue with your code after that. :grinning: So let's get started.

1. First of all you need to download my startup mod file, here.
  2. After you download the file, go to your Black Ops 3 Game file directory. And create a Folder called 'mods' inside of it.
    02f7c98a00c5484ba3e7ae0be9ff8b76.png
  3. Unpack the download .rar-file and place the folder 'zm_startup_mod' inside of the 'mods' folder.
  4. After that open the folder 'zm_startup_mod' and go to -> scripts\zm\gametypes and open the file '_clientids.gsc'.
  5. Here you can see now the file _clientids.gsc:
    524f31ba9c5d40579ff1c317c3f09eea.png
    You can start your mod here in the on_player_spawned function. But before I will show you how to load this mod now.
  6. First launch 'modtools_launcher.bat' in the Black Ops 3 directory. And select the following items:
    353a925ed1af4e7f83654c286c165a4f.png
  7. Click on Build and wait while the game is building your mod:
    422aead4983146538fd634313cda6484.png
    If you get the done, you can start Black Ops 3!
  8. Go in the Main Menu of it in 'Mods' and select 'zm_startup_mod':
  9. After that start a custom private match on a random zombie map. You will see that we get our println at every spawn! :grinning: You can start coding your own project now! :grinning:
That's all I hope this helped everyone to start coding with Black Ops 3! If you used our tutorial it would be really great if you give us credits, but you do not need! :grinning: Thank you!

Multiplayer Tutorial: Tutorial - Black Ops 3 Multiplayer GSC Modding - How to start coding a mod? Startup Mod +Download | CabConModding

If you have any question, problem or suggestion -> write it below!

Regards,
CabCon!

Attachments

• zm_startup_mod.rar
    7.7 KB · Views: 754
Last edited:

CabCon

Head Administrator
Staff member
Head Staff Team
Reaction score
I don't think you actually need to compile when you do a mod only link. but this is a good tutorial.
I didn't know that, thank you! I will try it out with just linking it! :smile: Thank you!

Regards,
CabCon.

CabCon

Head Administrator
Staff member
Head Staff Team
Reaction score
Once the mod is created do you run the game normally or from mod tools?
Sometimes from steam, sometimes from the mod tools. :smile: You can do booth! Just be sure to select the mod ingame!