Tutorial How to use custom zombie maps manually without steam?

SCP

Staff member
Donator
Reaction score
Hello guys,
in this short tutorial I will show you how to install a Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Custom Map manually totally without steam. Please leave questions and suggestions below! Enjoy!

1. Download a custom zombie map here: Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Custom Zombie Maps | CabConModding
  2. Unzip the .rar file(s).
  3. Place the folder from the .rar file in: Call of Duty Black Ops III\usermaps If usermaps doesn't exist please create the folder manually.
  4. Start the game and select the map from the map menu in the zombie mode

If this method doesn't work you can always try this:
  1. Extract files
  2. Create a new folder named as "zone"
  3. Put all the extracted files in this folder
  4. After this open up workshop.json and you should see "FolderName":
  5. Create a new folder with the required name
  6. Place the zone folder with the extracted files you made earlier in this folder
  7. After place the folder in your usermaps directory

(Images and more details will come soon)
~SCP

Last edited by a moderator:

CabCon

Head Administrator
Staff member
Head Staff Team
Reaction score
please help! i downloaded it but i dont know where to put it. i crated usermap and placed it there but it doesnt show in the map menu and also mod menu doesnt work too i have dlc 3 only now and do i need all dlcs to play custom zombies map?
thanks
You can run custom zombies completely without any DLCs, just ensure you are running the newest version of the game. If you already run the newest version, could you please provide me some screenshots of the created folder that I can take a look into this?

CabCon

Head Administrator
Staff member
Head Staff Team
Reaction score
Whenever I try to load a custom zombies map I end up getting a fastfile error. Any ideas on how to fix it?
Thanks for the help!
Could you please provide me a screenshot of this error?

TGWB

Known Member
Reaction score
Could you please provide me a screenshot of this error?
I get the same error, and I will provide you with a screen shot.
error.jpg

It worked with verrukt though,
it still works with verrukt doe.jpg

and I don't know why.

ojharr88

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Followed all of the instructions, but I don't see any of the maps showing up in Zombies mode. Any idea?

BeWaterMyFriend

Reaction score
i created usermaps put the map in there but it dosent seem to show in the ZOMBIES when i change a map i only see the giant and shadows of evil idk if i have the newest version i downloaded the game from skidrow

BeWaterMyFriend

Reaction score
i download aweakens dlc than eclipse but idk why the game just crashes i download them from skidrow a tutorial told me to go to my antivirus and just disable these aps i did it and its not working help me